Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife said I could have my S/C. She said it would be my B-day present :grin:
The only thing is my B-day is in November. I have a few months to go. I am pretty sure I can get it in Sept or Oct. On the brighter side, this gives me some time to figure out which one I want. I would like any info you all have. Pros and cons for the Vortech, Paxton, & ATI. Thanks in advance.

I use this car as my daily driver. Mods so far include Alum D/S, 3.73s, Nitto's and shifter (undecided on Pro 5.0 or Steeda) soon.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Naaawwwssss all the way! :wink:

DHG Bullitt #05134
Vortech S Trim w/AFM Powerpipe
Bassani X-pipe w/cats
Steeda Tri-ax
3.73s
AIM 1.25" wheel spacers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barnaby on 2002-02-02 09:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
176 Posts
Vortech from a Vorteched Bullitt Owner. Whatever, SC you choose do your research. There other good ones out there.

For a start: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com./

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrudy on 2002-02-02 00:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey True Blue,

Gotta Idea with the wife because I know you want that power NOW. Look for good discounts (both for the purchase and install), since Jan/Feb are normally slow months for big aftermarket mods & middle of a recession. When you find a good price, tell her how much you can save with a purchase now as "an early birthday present." Follow-up with a nice dinner & flowers. Worked for me a lot over the last sixteen years. :smile: I'm sure other married guys & gals do this too.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice. I'll let you know which one I go with. As I said earlier, I have some time b4 the S/C.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Vortech w/ aftercooler and it runs amazing! If you checked past threads out you would see some of the prob's I ran into, but after all is said and done the thing is smoking.

I was helping a friend last night w/ a procharger PS1 on a 2001 cobra last night and so far Im not impressed w/ how its going. The instructions are crap, the mounting of radiator tubes and intercooler are wimpy, and the kit is short on parts. All this and only an hour into the project. I thought my Vortech was a pain in the ass. Now I think it was cake. As for performance we will see. They claim 50% more hp if not a bit more. All I know in im getting 375rwh and I don't have the 80mm mass air on yet and still having a bit of fuel starvation at higher than 5200rpm's. So I still vote Vortech.
Good luck. And tell your wife thank you agian for approval

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I guess you take your chances with some of those kits! Speaking of supercharging...wonder why Ford is putting so much bottom end beef in the new Cobra03 engine?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-05 12:53, seamuse wrote:
...All I know in im getting 375rwh and I don't have the 80mm mass air on yet and still having a bit of fuel starvation at higher than 5200rpm's. So I still vote Vortech.
Good luck. And tell your wife thank you agian for approval

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll do a search for earlier posts but what type of problems are you having. Does Vortech come with bigger fuel injectorsor do you need a different fuel pump? Also, are you using this car as a daily driver?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I am also looking at a SC, but this will be down the road. Don't know if anyone has reviewed/installed/etc... an Eaton SC, but from what I have read so far it looks interesting. Also, they are located in Marshall, Michigan and we just happen to have a mfg plant in Marshall. Looks like I will be making a stop by there on my next trip to Michigan. This trip will be AFTER the snow is all gone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think you have to give up your intake with an eaton blower. ={

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
1248bullitt,

From the picts I have seen on Eatons site I believe you are correct. Also, noticed that Ford is using an Eaton on the 2003 Cobra. That tells me something about their SC.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Eatons are very common roots blowers. Saleen, Roush, Lightning, T-bird SC all come with Eatons. Good reliable product.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Eatons are excellent blowers and something I would go for, if I wasn't already interested in either an ATI or a Vortech (or is it veritech!? lol)

Ford stated some months ago that their eyes are now on the prize gold. The last American Sports cars are the Dodge Viper and Chevrolet Corvette. Both are pushrod motors and extremely advanced for their motor types. Ford, with only a few years under the belt, with its 4.6 DOHC (Soon to be 5.0 DOHC) has shown some pretty effecient motors, ie 320 hp and 275 on the slightly smaller 4.6 SOHC. If Ford had as much experience and expertise into the mod field as Chevy and Dodge have to their respective motors, we wouldn't need a SC. But then again, who says we really need one?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts