Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, she decided to trade in the Escape this past week. After a lot of research and many test drives, she decided on the Edge. I stayed out of the decision making process until we got to the negotiating. The funny part was they gave her the X-Plan because of where she works...(she works for a large non-profit here in the Springs) I had no idea she qualified.

I drove it for the first time a couple of days ago and I'm very impressed. By far the nicest riding Ford I've ever been in. Quiet, smooth, and very sharp looking. 265hp V-6 with a 6-speed auto tranny.

Options...Sirius, Navigation, awesome sound system, 18" Chrome wheels, and the Vista Roof. Our girls love the wide open roof.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Steve,

Nice looking vehicle. When it is time for my 96 Explorer or my wife's 2002 Escape to go, I will definitely consider the Edge (even though I hate the commercials). I was comparing gas mileage on the Edge vs V-8 Explorer vs Escape and the Explorer was at 15, Escape at 19 and Edge at 18 (new EPA numbers). I am looking for a vehicle that can pull up to 3500 pound trailer once and a while. My wife loves her Escape, but I have never been able to get very comfortable driving it, I think the Edge would be a nicer more comfortable vehicle.

At any rate, I rambled on, nice vehicle, like the color and options, hopefully in a year or so, there will be some low mileage used ones out there that we can get a great deal on.

Lee

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee,

Haaaa, I too am not too fond of the commercials. After looking at one in person and then driving it, my opinion changed. It's amazing how much room there is inside of the Edge. To be honest with you, I didn't like the Edge's at all until I took a very close look at one.

My wife test drove an '07 and an '08 Escape and liked them both, but she felt it was time for a change in what she drives. We thought about leaving the Ford family but after she drove the Edge she definitely was sold on it. There's not much out there that equals it for the price.

I hope you guys are able to find what you're looking for next year.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Steve: Congrats on the new purchase....When I pay off the Bullitt, kinda want something with a auto...but with a round trip daily drive of eighty miles, just might have to go with a Focus or V-6 Mustang....Won't happen for awhile or if the Contour SVT gives out...So far, so good with the Contour...Just hit 104k on it and running strong....

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If I understand correctly, the Edge has put the Murano on the trailer when it comes to sales numbers. Still a drop in the sales bucket for Ford. But good news for them none-the-less.

I test drove one last month and was very impressed. The dealer wanted sticker, the budget says look at a sedan. And that's what my wife wants anyway, so I guess the Edge won't be coming home with us.:doubt:

If I were to buy one, I think what your wife picked out is what I would have gotten. I like them allot. Supposedly it's based on the Fusion/Mazda 6 which have proven very reliable, more so than Toyota or Honda Midsizers. Skylights and all, it's very good looking...:lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I've asked Jan to look at one of these when she's ready to trade the PT. I like the styling as well. 265 horses? Competition for the Bullitt? :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Bullitt competition? Nah. It has a couple extra # in it's bustle. Still, it was spunky, moreso than my sis-in-laws Lexus SX330! And she paid nearly double what the Edge is going for nowadays. She does have a scrape of leather on the dash that matches the seat facing...:tongue:

Oh, it also has the BIG L on the front and back.:shock:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Steve that is a great lookin car, congrats.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I really like the edge, I think ford may have something with this one. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
100% agree! G/F was looking at those since she was tired of her altima. Very nice. Handles great and does actually have some gitty-up for an SUV. But...she got a new Civic instead...

The one we test drove was burnt orange. I had to shower right when I got home! I felt all violated! Ewww!!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Nice Steve. Olivia did a similar thing this week. She took the Expedition in for an oil change and two days later it was replaced with a 2007 Five hundred Limited. Merlot with pebble leather interior and the chrome pakage. I will have to get some pics of it up in the next few days. It is loaded with everything but AWS, Nav system, and the rear DVD.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Christine is a very happy camper! We spent some time this weekend pre-setting all the Sirius/radio stations as well as fooling around with the navigation. I guess I'll have to hold off on a supercharger for a few more years!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts