Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in "the day" my bro was the best around at applying custom hand painted pinstriping with a camel hair brush. I'm sure he can still do it, but would a few very "tasteful" ones ruin the Bullitt, or would it look cool? I was thinking going with an alternate lighter green and limit them to the top rear corner of the rear quarters maybe. I was thinking of a design...
like this

in a color (minus the bright area at the top)
like this.

THOUGHTS?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
There is a proper place for that type of pinstriping.

A low rider comes to mind, but certainly NOT a Bullitt.

It is your car, do what you want....but I wouldn't be caught dead with that on my car.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll be dipped...

Well, I'll be. I see pinstriping has fallen from favor over the years. I guess this rules out baby moon hubcaps too then. :lol:

In a brave new world where hideous tattooing is perfectly acceptable, I am surprised at such a negative response on this, though. My 2 cents.

Okay, we've heard from
and

Anyone else care to weigh in on the subject?

I think I'll do it anyway, just to p*** people off.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bullitt0877 said:
It's your car.
What about flames?
Flames are out. :eek: You guys aren't getting this at all. The key word is "tasteful." The things would be very small (3-4 inches, tops) and would be tucked up into the upper corner of the rear of the quarter panel. With the green on green, you'd almost have to be LOOKING for them to SEE them. Picture a small, subdued butterfly at the tippy-top of a beautiful girl's buttocks. Does that help? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
jim....its your car ,

I think i will have to pass on the pinstripe idea ( being the purist that I am ) I presume u are thinking of doing it in the area between the 1/4 window and door glass....that area would lend itself to possabilities

I have seen some great pinstipe designs / jobs in my days but i think mustangs in general don't give themselves to it

as for baby moons..... i think that would be great :)
no one offers em though , in fact I think black steel wheels like on the crown vic cop cars woul look great ( no center caps or chrome lug nuts either )

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
How about a little snickering Rat Fink,leaning against an upright 38 Special round,painted right under the decklid BULLITT logo!
Oh! I forgot...those "new" improved Bullitts have no such identifying logo! Too bad..

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Then do it Jim. You asked for opinions, you got them. No one thinks it is a good idea, but it is your car so 'go for it'.

And make sure you post pictures of it when you are done to '**** people off'.

And for the record, I don't have any tattoos either.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
ME THINKS JIM WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE LIGHT OF THE SUBJECT.... NOT REALLY **** PEOPLE OFF

I Don't have any tatoo's either , except the time at sefair where a rather well endowed young lady painted a temporary seafair logo tatoo on my right arm.....;-)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Waugh-Waugh chicka-chicka waugh-waugh :D

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Mus408 said:
How about a little snickering Rat Fink,leaning against an upright 38 Special round,painted right under the decklid BULLITT logo!
Oh! I forgot...those "new" improved Bullitts have no such identifying logo! Too bad..
Now your talking!!!!!!!!

Rat Fink! Wearing a blue turtle neck sweater, jacket and some pigskin brogans... What a thought! HA!

BTW, I stay clear of tattoo's and young ladies that sport them....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,298 Posts
Sorry Jim, but I tend to agree with the rest. :doubt: I think pinstriping is outdated and looks childish IMO. UNLESS of course you put a huge honkin butterfly on the hood/trunk! :wink:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lord, lord...

texasbullitt said:
ME THINKS JIM WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE LIGHT OF THE SUBJECT.... NOT REALLY **** PEOPLE OFF

I Don't have any tatoo's either , except the time at sefair where a rather well endowed young lady painted a temporary seafair logo tatoo on my right arm.....;-)
Yethinks right, Mark. "P***ing people off" was a direct reference to what McQueen did to his neighbor, Jim Garner (with the empty beer cans). I guess the little smilie laughing his butt off right beside the "comment" didn't get the message across (that I was only kidding around). But, alas, I think with all the negativity and aversion that I'm getting, I will refrain from pin stripes. The "baby moon" comment was strictly me being nutty, too. Not on your life would I really do such a thing. But, I was serious about a tiny pin striping add-on... you know, if it didn't look right it rubs off easily with the right solvent and tender loving care. Anyway, I see I'm on the verge of starting WWIII here, so I'll just trash my plans and keep it pure. Adding decorative things to a Bullitt is a lot like going into the Sistine Chapel and spray painting graffiti, I guess. :lol: I didn't mean to offend anyone and I respect all of your opinions.

P.S. Do you think it would be okay if I hang some fuzzy dice on my mirror? :eek:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
hey jim, just a thought but, maybe your brother could create the design you like and have one of those shops that do decals / stick on's make it then you could remove it easily with no issues... just a thought

it's your baby, you should do what you like and think best....

green fuzzy dice????

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jim,

Bottom line is: Frank did not get his car pin striped :cool:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
texasbullitt said:
hey jim, just a thought but, maybe your brother could create the design you like and have one of those shops that do decals / stick on's make it then you could remove it easily with no issues... just a thought

it's your baby, you should do what you like and think best....

green fuzzy dice????
That's a cool idea, Mark. Although, do you think static decals would stand up to 151 m.p.h. winds? :lol:

P.S. I had my eye on WHITE fuzzy dice. They'd show up swinging around better, no?

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Luc T said:
Jim,

Bottom line is: Frank did not get his car pin striped :cool:
Duly noted.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts