Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows if the rear axle on the 2008 Bullitt wil be painted. I wish this was something they would have done on the 01. Hate the rust look.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My axle was painted form the factory??

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The axle on your Bullitt was painted from the factory!? I didn' t think any of them were painted. Could it be that some were and some were not?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Add another not painted....The rest of the undercarraige is spotless and detailed and then there is this nasty looking axle assy......:frown:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Less mines after market??, which I'm pretty sure its not with only 8200 miles on it.. But its painted black and has stickers and such on it.. I'll take a pic one of these days and post it up! matter a fact, last time I had it in the air I did some touch up paint work on it because some rocks must have chipped it and it started to rust a tad bit.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Mine wasn't painted just like the drive shaft.. I painted my axle hosing was quite a feet considering I didnot remove it .....

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
My 05 axle is not painted and I bet Paul's 500GT axle isn't painted either! My money is on NO! But I might be wrong.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 98 GT does have a painted axle and I am willing to bet that Ford quit painting the axles starting with the 99 when the body style changed. Probably did this to save a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Mine aint painted either:cry:...just a rusty looking blob:lol:..well...sorta

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mine is not painted (Hate It/Rust). Whats up with that? A cost cutting issue, how cheap! Ron

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:
Mine wasn't painted just like the drive shaft.. I painted my axle hosing was quite a feet considering I didnot remove it .....
So how did you paint it JR? Brush? And what paint did you use? I was thinking about some Rustoleum brand satin black to approximate what the factory put on the other suspension components.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts