Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing new tires and am thinking about upgrading to a 9 inch bullit-type wheel. I am at stock height (all factory springs) and want to know if a 275/40/18 tire will rub while turning? The American Muscle site says that 275 is the max for that size wheel, but want to make sure before purchasing any potentially having problems right out of the gate.

Real-world experience commments on this issue are very welcome.

Respectfully,

Nervous in Nashville (Fred)
TrueBlue #3405

·
Registered
987 Posts
No they will not rub. My wifes car has 17x9 bullitts with 275's up front and lowered an 1.5" no rubbing.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You might be OK, that's a bit bigger than stock though. Aside from the extra 30mm in section width (a hair more than an inch) they are also about an inch taller. I would go smaller if it were my car. 265/35-18 is what I have on mine now and there is no rubbing even being lowered.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
You will be just fine, especially with stock height. I have 18x9s with 275/35s and my car has Steeda springs and I don't get any rubbing. Heck, I'm going to go to 40s when these tires wear out. I've heard of some people getting rubbing but it's usually only when doing full wheel lock turns (like in a parking lot). I'd do it, if that helps at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.