Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my BULLITT and I am taking off all the parts and reinstalling them. So will an AIRAID intake bolt properly or any for that matter? And I am aware that the airaid has an 85mm MAF but when I get the heads and cams I will open the maf to the 100mm setting. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
WHY?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
because the stock intake is limited to 85mm and has charcoal scrubbers which impede air flow and limit hp. I am shooting for 400+rwhp and I need a different intake to do it. Also the Airaid is already at 85mm and the inlet tube has an elbow that can be taken out to accomidate the cams and heads making the MAF 100mm. All I need to know is if it will fit and if not what will. And what do you 2 mean why? You both have superchargers.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Because for an N/A engine, the Bullitt intake has plenty of flow. You may gain a few hp by changing, but it's not enough to be noticeable.

I'm not saying its the best by any means. But you don't need a 100mm MAF for N/A.

I'm using the Saleen Extreme Intake Tube, and modified Stock GT box, which has shown to provide plenty of air at 450rwhp! Now, that's a 98mm housing for the stock MAF, but SUPERCHARGED. JDM- a master of saleen supercharged engines uses a 90mm MAF on their kit which has proven over 500rwhp!

Bottom Line.
100mm is overkill for NA.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it is not. It tests just fine with the jlt, and the c&l racer. The airaid is just 1hp less with 1tq more. And the 100mm is just fine I have done the research. And with all due respect you are running a boosted car. You dont need the 100mm. And the only time that is overkill is if you dont have heads and a set of cams. I just need to see if the airaid will fit.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
navyman8903 said:
because the stock intake is limited to 85mm and has charcoal scrubbers ...........
Huh? Charcoal scrubbers?

Are you referring to the Hemholz Resonators on the bottom of the tube? Those don't affect HP or airflow one bit - they're only there to attenuate noise for a particular frequency, which the Engineers deemed "undesirable".

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well that is what I was told they were my bad. And Any time the air is going somewhere else it creates pressure. And they are not on the frpp intake pac for sale, only on the bullitt's production intake.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
navyman8903 said:
And they are not on the frpp intake pac for sale, only on the bullitt's production intake.
That part doesn't have to comply with the "driveby" dbA laws on a stock car, either.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am just saying that it is an air diversion. If you changed the elbow it would increase the power. But my question still remains can an after market intake fit without problems?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i dont own a mustang but i have done some reading let me ask u questions so i can see if i can help bud

Are u asking if the airaid intake will work with the bullit?

Or are you asking will the airaid intake work with the 100mm maf and be no problems with install and/or fit and finish?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I thought our stock intake MAF tube is 89 or 90 mm. The previous FRPP style as used on Shelby GT is 90mm. Ours from everything I've read flows better and out performs most of the aftermarket ones in similar size.

I don't think you'll see much if any gain.

What charcoal scrubbers? Do you mean the resonator boxes? I think you'll find they impede anything but sound.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tacoma2055 said:
i dont own a mustang but i have done some reading let me ask u questions so i can see if i can help bud

Are u asking if the airaid intake will work with the bullit?

Or are you asking will the airaid intake work with the 100mm maf and be no problems with install and/or fit and finish?
I am putting in spr stage II comp cams and ported heads. I need more airflow and I am fine with the airaid that I am taking out of my 06 that I just traded for my Bullitt. I want to know if the AIRAID will install without any problems fit and finish wise. I know the 100mm is what I need for the performance. The question is will it install properly on the bullitt?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and the shelby gt were equipt with the 90mm MAF and the BULLITT is equipt with the 85mm. For what reason I have no Idea. The 90 performs better. And the resonators will create an airflow obstruction because the air gets sucked in and has to be sucked out. More effort. May not be much But I am going for every ounce for horse power I can get and I need the best stuff.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
navyman8903 said:
I am putting in spr stage II comp cams and ported heads. I need more airflow and I am fine with the airaid that I am taking out of my 06 that I just traded for my Bullitt. I want to know if the AIRAID will install without any problems fit and finish wise. I know the 100mm is what I need for the performance. The question is will it install properly on the bullitt?
If it fit the '06 it should fit the Bullitt the same

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
navyman8903 said:
and the shelby gt were equipt with the 90mm MAF and the BULLITT is equipt with the 85mm. For what reason I have no Idea. The 90 performs better. And the resonators will create an airflow obstruction because the air gets sucked in and has to be sucked out. More effort. May not be much But I am going for every ounce for horse power I can get and I need the best stuff.
Actually the Bullitt is 89mm which is insignificant compared to 90mm.

I really don't think the air raid is better stuff, but it's your car. A guy has to do what a guy has to do.

Air does not get sucked in to the resonators, they are not part of the airflow path in any way. They are there for harmonic purposes only. Someone has been giving you duffgen

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.