Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Will the 2003 Cobra have this???

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  MacStang 
#1 ·
On the way home from work today, a guy pulled up beside me and the Bullitt. The guy yelled out "Is that one of those Bullitts?" I told him it was. Then he proceeded to tell me how much he loved it, and he also said he thought the Bullitt was the best of the bunch as far as Mustangs are concerned. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has gotten a compliment like that, so you guys know that hearing something like that makes you feel really good. There is a lot of talk about the new Cobra, with the supercharger and all the power.... but who thinks it'll get as many looks and as many compliments as our Bullitts?

#3 ·
I agree. The Bullitt is not the fastest thing on the road. There will always be something faster. What is unique about the Bullitt is that it is distiguishing an impressive! Unlike any other new millenium stang! It will be even more special as time goes by. The '03 Cobra is FAST, very fast ... but it still blends in with all the others in it's looks. Besides, with all the mod's available for the Bullitt - it has the potential to be the best of both worlds. Anyone agree?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EMPWR U on 2002-03-27 23:47 ]</font>

#4 ·
One would've thought the Mach 1 would, too, become something of a legend like the Bullitt has become. But since it will see a more progressive build than the Bullitt ever did, the Mach 1 will be like what the LX 5.0 was to the Mustang group in the late 80s, early 90s, though the HP rating is way different.

Still, I think the Mach 1 is a direct replacement for the Cobra, seeing as how Ford is going for the Corvette with the new Cobra.

#5 ·
Are you referring to the NEW Mach I coming out? I have not seen what this pony will look like, or run like ... I also heard Ford is making a Boss also. Apparently a specialty car made just for one year - like the Bullitt?

#7 ·
I think any feature car that Ford comes put with will certainly be "out of the norm" of the general population of Mustangs (which I believe includes the very impressive Cobra). The Mach1 will have its niche' just as the Bullitt will always have its own as well.

Most of us bought the Bullitt for reasons only unique to the Bullitt and I am very glad I am able to have one. I compliment Ford for coming up with the idea. For once, the other automotives have to follow Ford with their "Better Idea"!

#8 ·
Yes, but I don't think that Ford has decided on doing these "specialty" cars in order to give back to the consumer or any of that BS. Ford is building these cars because it gives them an opportunity to test the water on different things before going into a full-fledged production. Take some of our parts for example the deleted side scoops, lack of spoiler, and C-pillars. They have been such a success that ford would have to be stupid to not stick it on another set. I would be willing to bet that when the new mustang comes out in 2005(?) we will see a lot of the features from the Bullitt and the Mach 1.

Besides, at least Ford is learning. We all complained about not getting the 4-valve engine and not having a functional scoop. Guess what? The Mach 1 has both. I love my Bullitt and I am glad that ford made it, but I know that they only did it as a testing ground.

Just my opinion.

#9 ·
believe me, any clean new(or nicely restored old) v8 stang will get plenty of attention. My Cobra gets stares/thumbsup/comments and everything else. I love it

#10 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-28 08:38, 5111 wrote:
Yes, but I don't think that Ford has decided on doing these "specialty" cars in order to give back to the consumer or any of that BS. Ford is building these cars because it gives them an opportunity to test the water on different things before going into a full-fledged production. Take some of our parts for example the deleted side scoops, lack of spoiler, and C-pillars. They have been such a success that ford would have to be stupid to not stick it on another set. I would be willing to bet that when the new mustang comes out in 2005(?) we will see a lot of the features from the Bullitt and the Mach 1.

Just my opinion. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Pontiac would've save a lot of grief if they did something like this before releasing the Aztec.

ROTFLMAO!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.