Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a set of these on? I recently put a on a set of the road race brakes, but I think the bore size of the master cylinder is wrong. From what I've read, the '01 comes with a 1 1/16" bore, which is pretty big to begin with. However, I'm getting a spongy pedal.

Anyone else tried these out, and gotten a hard pedal or figured out the correct bore size?

Lastly, anyone ever tried out either a Wilwood or Tilton master cylinder on a Bullitt? And if so, happen to know the mount center size of the stock master cylinder?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Spongy pedal would mean you got air in your lines... I would check that first.

When changing calipers sometimes you can get air trapped in the line and if it ends up in your abs system it can be a bear to get rid of.

Good luck and hope you figure it out.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Just me, but I totally change out my brake fluid whenever I do a brake job. Just cheap insurance. Like said above, spongy pedal means air...

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
U need to bleed the master as well when bleeding the bullitt brakes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. i was informed that the bore size was wrong, so i was looking for the info.

in the meantime, i went ahead and re-bled the whole system, but not much difference. then i bled the master, and voila...perfect.

should have just done that first....duh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts