Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told by many people that when I tent my windows I need to get the felt form the 07 and below cars as it were changed for 2008 and no longer have the felt where it touches the glass. If the window is dirty the lack of felt will allow the dirt to scratch the tint. I ordered the felt part number 7r3z-6321456-a “ right” and 7r3z-6321457-a “left”. And when they arrived they where the 2008 part number:frown: . I was told that they where superseded and that you cant order the old part number is that true?:confused:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Don't know about that. I have had my tint for a couple of weeks and haven't noticed any problems. Of course I have only had the windows down a few times. Maybe it happens over repeated use??

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is a daily driver and it sometimes get pretty dirty and I am worried about the tint getting scratched. I guess based on the information above I should just try it.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I was told that the 08's did not come with felt. So when #1883's windows where tinted, felt was installed at no extra charge.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Actually, the 05's and 06's had the problem of no felt. It was changed in 07. Our bullitt has been tinted for 9 months, no issues.....But, to the other point made, most tinters will add the felt upon request....actually, it's called moleskin......

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts