Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the windows tinted on bullitt 01113, and I am curious if any one else had this result. The dotted areaa across the back of the rear window has a cragged edge rather than a smooth edge. Now the company that did the install said give it a few days for it to completely dry, and there were a few small bubbles on the door windows that went away, but the rear window still looks the same. The area doesn't appear like a bubble it just apppears like a different shade. Anybody have any comments. Should I be back in the shop asking to correct or is this some legitimate thing that happens when tinting areas like this? Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
124 Posts
everyone has this problem, they maybe able to push out some of the bubles in the back

·
Registered
543 Posts
My tint was applied right up to the dots but not over them. I debated this with the installer and he convinced me that was the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The place that did minf sees this problem with Ford alot, and put a peice of black vinyl over the dots, from the inside. Looks great.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
The tint guy I went to did the same ting as well. Vinyl did the trick.

·
Registered
762 Posts
My tint guy and personal friend Jim at Jim's Detailing in Monterey California applied the tint just up to where the dots begin. The area with the dots was covered with a type of masking spray which blacks out the entire area out. At first I thought it was a crazy idea and that my view would be limited but it looks and functions fine. As a bonus I never have to worry about that area peeling away like I see on other cars. By the way Jim does all the work for the local Mercedes-Benz dealership located just next door and for a lot of other "well heeled" clients in the Monterey peninsula area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i had my place put the tint over the dots, they so very lightly sanded the top of the dots just enough so they dont have that slickness to them so that the tint would stick better, seems to do the trick for mine, looks good to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts