Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another one for ya.

When driving at sunrise or sunset I can see a scratch line from the top of the wind shield behind the rear view mirror down to the wipers.

I took it to my dealer and they said they'd order a new one from the local auto glass shop.

When I told them I wanted them to make sure it had the pony at the top, they had no idea what I was talking about until I took the outside to show it to them.

Should I have them replace it????!!!!???

What would you do????

Bullitt220

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
How long do windshields last there? Where I'm at, you're lucky if you can go a year without replacing the windshield. There are a zillion big trucks, belly dumps, super 16's and cement trucks dumping f-ing s#>t all over the roads! My C pillar on the drivers side was grazed by a rock right down to the fiberglass. This is a hot button for me!

Getting back to your question, I'd have them replace it with ORIGINAL factory glass if you get long life out of windshields. Otherwise, just wait until some road garbage breaks it.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Yes, Replace it and they can get the right glass with both ponys on it. I had a chip repaired the other day and talked to my glass guy about it and he said they can get them. Usually when they do a mustang he brings out three, One with no ponys one with just the lower one and then one with both.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
gotta have the running pony top center!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay Guys,

Below is another story I wrote about the problem I had yesterday with my dealer's service dept. I'm really leary about having any of these MOOKS touch anything on my car.

From the Bullitthead chat forum:

I've had 220 since early May. It's my weekend driver and since then I've been getting to know it gradually.

I've seen all the posts about defects and such and this club has been really helpful in figuring what to look for.

Well, here's one for ya. The trunk hinge on the passengers side was bent and rubbing against itself, wearing out the paint. Not to mention the trunk has never fit square.

I brought it to my dealer and the body shop manager told me I should just try some touch up paint. I used the sample he gave me and it rubbed off immediately.

He also removed the springy think on that side so the trunk would fit square.

Well, I figured I'd live with it and then I noticed the water spots in my headlights so I called the dealer and they turned me over to the Body Shop Mook and he ordered the lights. I brought the car in today for the lights and told him about the hinge problem again.

He says "Okay, we'll try to bang it straight with a rubber mallett."

I say "Okay."

Well, that was a mistake. I picked up the car at noon, I've now got this dimple on the right rear fender where it meets the hood.

#@#@#&*()??!!!!!!!!!!

Morale of the story: If you can't see it from the outside. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Hopefully the "Dent Wizard" has some magic for me on Tuesday.

DDDD'oooohhhh!!!!!

Bullitt220

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi, I made a post about a week ago when a truck threw a stone at my windshield and cracked it. Boo Hoo. If it's cracked for sure, I'd get a new one. Get ponies on top and bottom. After all, whats a couple hundred bucks for a fine car like ours?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
if you let them they will put the cheapest windshield possible in it! you really have to watch the dealer ships on this type of item.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Carl, most dealers don't install their own windshields....they have an outside vendor come in and do them. Which isn't bad. Just make sure you request an OEM glass and you will be fine. Good Luck.

T.J.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the windshield replaced. Dealer ordered original equipment (2ponies).
Local glass co. replaced it at the dealership.

All better now.

Thanks Guys.

Bullitt220

1 - 9 of 9 Posts