Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Not sure exactly where I should put this, but I was wonder if anyone might be able to help out. I need to get my windshield replaced but I don't want to put just a regular blank one on there, I want to make sure that I get one that has the running pony across the top that originally comes on the Bullitt. Will I need to go to a Ford dealership to do this or is that just a sticker that is placed on there? Thanks

Ryan

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
hicarbon said:
Hey all,

Not sure exactly where I should put this, but I was wonder if anyone might be able to help out. I need to get my windshield replaced but I don't want to put just a regular blank one on there, I want to make sure that I get one that has the running pony across the top that originally comes on the Bullitt. Will I need to go to a Ford dealership to do this or is that just a sticker that is placed on there? Thanks

Ryan
Call any windshield replacement company and ask them. Have them bid on it. The more the merrier. And tell them it's not an insurance claim, unless of course the insurance is paying them for the replacement windshield. If you want the Ford branded glass, then ask for that. Dealers in my experience have a contract with a local company that puts spec. glass in, but not necessarily Ford glass. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I gotta get one too......see my post under Bullitt Chat about my bad day today!

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
You need to get a Mustang windshield from CarLite. They make the Mustang windshields. You don't need to get one through a dealer, though. Through a dealer it will be more expensive than directly from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had mine replaced about 8 months ago and was able to get an exact replacement. However you go, whether it be through insurance or otherwise, you should be able to get what you want. One thing I will stress to anyone who does this, examine the leading edge of your headliner before you have it done. Make sure it slopes to the windshield and does not have a gap. It should be flush the windshield. I did not do this (had no reason to look) and paid the price of a gap between the headliner and windshield of up to an inch. Make sure who ever replaces the window is aware of this leading edge and that you know what it should be after the replacement. Just a word to the wise...

When I complained to the people who did mine they said that in was "normal" on a Fords to have such a gap...that of course was BS and I told them as much. Going to get a second opinion for this did no good as they seem to hang together on this issue. Good luck in you pursuit!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good to know as I will eventually have mine replaced as well. Its got a few nice chips in it from trucks around here. Renegade do you have any pics of this gap your talking about?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I'm on my third. First replacement was a plain jane, but only cost me 200.00 installed. Second time around, I got the running pony. I think it was about 350.00. I feel much better about getting the right one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
JP, it is a really difficult picture to take as the tint at the top of the winshield from the outside prevents a good picture. Not something you would notice right away if you were looking. It really boils down to shody workmanship and knowing that it wasn't that way before...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basically I just need to give some windshield shops a call and ask if they are able to do the running pony branded glass? I'm afraid of calling a local dealership to find out if they contract it out because I'm sure if they contract with some outside company, they are probably in bed together charging an outrageous amount. I was able to get the glass replaced on a 95 Mustang for about $155 but I'm sure it'll be a lot more expensive for the Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Got mine done today. Precision Auto Glass in Sherman. Running Pony and all, $412.00 tax included. I believe they said they got the Running Pony glass from CarLite?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts