Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 4 winter rims for my bullitt. They said that they fit the cobra's so they should fit the bullitt.

www.karkraft.com has Roush 17X8 rims for $70 each and they are also offering these rims with small blems for $35 each. Anyone who needs to get snow tires these rims wound be perfect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dude you need to invest in a bad weather used 4x4 !! You can bet your a*& my bullitt will never see anything but dry pavement!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I got the $35 wheels-- thanks for the headsup.

The lady at KarKraft who took my order was very helpful.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not to brag (okay maybe just a little) but when I traded for my Bullitt I kept my '99 Cobra wheels with BFG g-Force KDWS's. I let you guys know how she feels when I swap them out for winter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JP

Glad I could give you the heads up on this killer deal. $35 rims cant be beat for winter duty.

Now all I have to find is good winter tires for a decent price. Most likely I will buy them at www.tirerack.com.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Tirerack is running a sale on 245/45ZR17 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A R1s at $118 each.

That's pretty good-- exept I'm broke.

I'm trying to do my part for the economy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not to rant here....but I have had it with buying so-called "beater" cars. I fix everything myself and thus a good many of those cars just make me feel unsafe. Yes, it's unfortunate that I have to drive my Bullitt in the winter but I have a car, my wife has a car, and I don't want another. Besides, I have the underbody rust proofed every year with an oil spray that works superbly. With a good set of Blizzak type snowtires, I don't forsee any problems. At least I can enjoy my car all year as opposed to it sitting in the garage doing nothing.

Paul G.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just received my set of Roush 17x8 rims from Kar Kraft, and they are a better deal than I ever expected! These were the "blems," for just $35 each, and they look great! I expected some bad paint, lots of scratches, etc., but the price was great, and I'm just going to use them for snow tires anyway. But the fact is that they look just about perfect, complete with classy Roush center caps and chrome valve stems!

They're also a pretty nice looking wheel, and if I didn't love the look of the stock "mags," I would use these for summer too! Finding out about this deal is another reason why this is the absolute best, most helpful web site on the planet! Or at least on the Planet Bullitt, where we all live...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Irish

Glad I could help you out. 3 of the rims I received from Kar Kraft were perfect. Only one of the rim had a small scratch around the edge of the rim. More than perfect for winter duty.

Anyone find a good deal on snow tires? The best deal I could find was the Tirerack http://www.tirerack.com. They have Dunlop Winter Sports in our size for $160 each, which hurts but it is the best deal I came across.

Steve

2001 Mustang Bullitt #2075
Dark Highland Green

MGW Pieces all in Satin Finish
Bullitt Shifter with Build Number
License Frame without GT Logos
Emergency B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 2075 on 2001-10-02 08:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tire Rack has the best new prices, but also keep an eye out for bargains on eBay as well. I just today bagged a nice set of Pirelli snow tires (235/45x17) to go on the Roush rims for about $275 for the set of four. Last year found a set of Blizzaks for my wife's Ford Escape 4x4 for $225, and they were like new! Just be cautious, ask for photos of the actual tires, and pay by credit card or eBay's Billpoint.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just order two of the blem rims. They do not have many left if any one is interested. They guy there was great I called 10 minutes after they close and he still helped me out. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts