Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next three weeks I will be putting the 2020 "B" away for a 6 month nap in Western PA. I'll be storing the "B" in a heated garage at my friend's house who spends the Winter down South.
Although I have a Battery Tender, I don't feel comfortable leaving the tender plugged in while the car is left unattended. So I will do what I did with my 2009 "B" and pull the battery and put it on a tender in my garage.
So, here's the question............I had no issues when I pulled the battery in my 2009. WILL I HAVE ISSUES IF I PULL THE BATTERY IN MY 2020?????

ARMY TC
2020 DHG "B" L3166

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Couple of things. Make sure you don't leave the keys in and lock the doors. (I don't know if you need power to unlock the doors?) Second, I like to leave the hood popped so I can get under the hood without unlocking the doors. Third, you will have to run a drive cycle to get the power train to re-learn road parameters. (OBD drive cycle) Fourth, you will likely lose programmed radio stations and driving preferences. (Unless they've added back up power to the newer cars?) I like to leave the battery in the car with a tender, but I get that you are using a friend's garage. PS fill up the tank and add stabilizer to the fuel, and change the oil and filter, pump up the tires, the usual stuff. Hopefully his garage has no rodents. If it does, steel wool in the exhaust pipes and some aluminum screen in the air intake of the air filter box. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BULLITT 4404
Thanks for the info. You are right about the hood. I forgot about the automatic widows going up into the channels when you close the door with the battery in the car. In a hurry, I closed the door, took out the battery, and closed the hood. No battery means the windows won't operate. Thankfully, I was able to gently open the door with the window in full up position. I intend to do as you say by the numbers. This is what I normally do with a full tank, STA-BIL, and blocking critter entrances. Since my "B" has under 400 miles on it, I'll do the oil change in late Spring when I have 1000 miles on the clock. It was 34 degrees in Western PA this morning. I'll miss the "B" till the Spring! ARMY TC

·
Administrator
6,243 Posts
ARMY TC,

When I disconnected my battery for a few days when my car was in display in a convention center, I put the windows down slightly, then pulled it. That will ensure you don't have to bend the windows or slam the door to get it fully closed. The doors were left unlocked.

Good luck!

Reactions: bullit4404
1 - 4 of 4 Posts