Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately winter will too soon be here in Ohio. Anyone have any thoughts on how to shod the BULLITT. Tirerack has Blizak and Dunlop snows also Cobra rims. Tires are $160 each and the rims $150-160 and they will mount and balance. Seems like a lot of money, maybe the rims could be had cheaper elsewhere. Was hoping for steel wheels and baby moons.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I really don't think you want steel wheels. They're going to be alot heavier and you will really feel the weight when you get a few opportunities on the dry this winter. You might consider a set of four take-off GT aluminums and have them shipped from the seller directly to tire rack (whoever) for the mount and balance. You could even come up with take-off GT torque thrusts pretty easily and not loose the classic Bullitt look. The four snows will make a huge difference and it will be drivable. I've done it with two other 'stangs in the past. Snow, ice, whatever, they're awesome in rain, too. Just take it easy and remember......the best snows and rims in the world are alot cheaper than banging your Bullitt up or worse yet, yourself. Good luck, and keep us posted on the quality of this traction control system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You're going to put winter tires on the car to store it for the winter? You're worried about traction in the garage? Seriously don't buy winter tires. Spend $600-$700 and buy a winter beater. The road salt is going to eat your Bullitt!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I recommend the Blizzaks, I think they're an excellent tire. I have them on my Caprice in the winter & I have yet to get squirrely when I didn't want to. As far as road salt goes, supposedly, we don't need to worry about it anymore because of the underbody coating process they put cars through nowadays. I have no idea if there's any truth to that, but that's what I hear. At any rate, I try & wash the Caprice about twice a month in the winter. It's a former Ohio SP car & the undercarriage doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
223 Posts

http://www.karkraft.com has the original bullit rims for $129.99 each. I am planning to buy snow tires and an extra set of rims to them them on. I am most likely going to get the snow tires from http://www.tirerack.com . I may have the rims shipped to the tirerack if they dont pricematch the karcraft price.

These are problably the two best places to get real bullitt rims for winter duty.

2001 Mustang Bullitt #2075
Dark Highland Green

MGW Pieces all in Satin Finish
Bullitt Shifter with Build Number
License Frame without GT Logos
Emergency Brake Handle
HVAC Knobs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 2075 on 2001-09-07 11:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Isn't it KarKraft.com?

In any case- they have Roush 17x8 wheels for $70 each!! These would make damn good snow/track wheels. Steel wheels are about that cheap.

My only concern- will they clean the big brakes on the Bullitt.

I think I just spent $280 if they do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess you are right about the steel wheels. The Roush wheels look pretty good for $70. I hear you about parking it for the winter but, I've been driving Mustangs in the winter since 1979 and would hate to just park this one. This is the first V8 one though. Others were '79 Cobra Turbo and '95 V6. Still have the Cobra sitting in the garage. Got to do something with it one of these days!

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts