Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change out the midpipe with an off road X or H. I want to keep the Bullitt sound and just make it louder. I need sound clips of each please. I've already looked at streetfire and heard the ones with the Prochamber and I'm just not sure. I know the X will be a little better for power and I like that idea.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sorry, can't help you with Stock Cat Back because shortly after installing my Bassani Catted "X" I went ahead and installed a full Bassani Cat Back. I do recall that with the X and stock cat backs that I had a more noticeable "drone" when crusing at 70mph.

With the Bassani Cat Backs the "drone" is slightly still there, but it is now a different frequency and I like it much better. I actually hardly ever play the stereo because I like the sound of the car better!

Anyway, here is a short clip of my full Bassani setup with MRT 3.5" (or 3" - can't remember which) tips. This is BEFORE I put on the Supercharger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYp8kcRj4j8

Here is another video there with me on the Dyno at SWTuning.com (With Supercharger)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWbwKlScwrM

Here is another one showing my 3rd LED Brakelight and the car is at idle. (With Supercharger)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F3cfmy_288

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
You'll want the setup I have from MRT if you want to replicate the exact sound from the movie. This setup should have been on all Bullitts off the line. Go to www.mrt-direct.com under EXHAUSTS, and they have clips of the Max Thunder setup.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies but I'm not changing the catback. Only midpipe...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
contact ezekial, he has a couple vids and a burnout vid with the (I believe) MAC o/r X pipe and stock catback. Same setup on mine and I love it. I'm thinking of the Loudmouth catback because I want to be louder though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard both Ezekial's and Bullitt Brad's. I thought Ezekial's sounded a little raspy and higher pitched than stock. Also a nice start up and some easy revs before all the burn outs and donuts would have been cool. I'll bet both sound about the same at WOT. Brad's clip was good but I want one from outside the car behind it with maybe a drive by. Basicly I need to identical clips of each to really see the difference. I'm a pain I know...:confused: I have one I heard of a first start up after an off road X and the thing was still on jack stands and all so no drive by. Plus I'm sure after break in would have been a little different too. As of now I'm leaning more towards the H for sound even though the X is known to make a little more power. I also heard an off road Prochamber and thats just too rowdy and un-Bullit like.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
The difference in power gains between the X and H is so minimal it shouldn't be a factor in purchasing. The X sounds much more raspy than any H I have ever heard. I say go with and o/r H pipe and you will find what you are looking for...

·
Registered
269 Posts
If I get some time tomorrow (today) then I will get a behind and drive by movie clips for you. Might take me til saturday to upload to utube but I will eventually will have them. Just have some patience with me...

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I have the MRT o/r H with stock cat back and it sounds really nice. Just a little louder than stock, but really noticeable on acceleration. :)

IF I knew how to load sound/video clips I would. I will have to do some playing around with the video camera and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I can't wait to hear them. BTW isn't there 2 different off road Mac H pipes, one black and metal color? Holy crap! I just looked at the cost of MRT stuff and it is pretty steep. It should install itself for that kind of money. I hope you get what you pay for with it though. I'm thinking Mac...

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Okay, video camera was dead so I used the regular digital camera and posted it on You Tube (watch out Bill Gates!!!) Just ignore the big goofy guy running around the car!! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MgEJd5RrI

Again, I have the MRT CAI and their o/r H-pipe with stock mufflers. Highest RPM's in the vid were just under 3k (didn't want to scare the new neighbors!!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chilli bullitt said:
Okay, video camera was dead so I used the regular digital camera and posted it on You Tube (watch out Bill Gates!!!) Just ignore the big goofy guy running around the car!! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79MgEJd5RrI

Again, I have the MRT CAI and their o/r H-pipe with stock mufflers. Highest RPM's in the vid were just under 3k (didn't want to scare the new neighbors!!)
That sound is very nice. It sounds very uniform and almost refined, but I'll bet all hell breaks loose at WOT!! Thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cdnTB#2021 said:
This might not be very clear, I am running l/t's and a mac o/r h with stock catbck, far lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwxOjOx-Ng
Its not very clear but it looks like a pretty run. So does anyone know more about the different Mac off road Hs, and where to get a killer price?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
dlrbill said:
That sound is very nice. It sounds very uniform and almost refined, but I'll bet all hell breaks loose at WOT!! Thanks!:cool:
It is actually not that much louder than stock on the highway. And it is ALOT quieter that Dee's (5111)!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
dlrbill said:
Its not very clear but it looks like a pretty run. So does anyone know more about the different Mac off road Hs, and where to get a killer price?
I got mine of ebay from Brenspeed for $159 shipped. This is about as good as it gets. It came bare aluminum but I went to autozone and got some black exhaust paint to cover it. FYI the mac pipe is a three piece bolt on design. Some of the other pipes are two piece that you have to weld in. I think the black coated pipe from mac costs a bit more but not sure. Still working on those clips for ya...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts