Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried starting the car this morning and nothing. Lights came on, and everything seemed to work. Just nothing. I looked at the battery and it had the red eye on it. Since, it's been in the car since preoduction thought I might as well replace it. I replaced it later in the day. Still nothing. I put a multimeter on the battery and cranked it. No draw down on the battery. All I hear is an audible click. I don't even hear the fuel pump come on. I checked the fuses on the drivers side. All checked out good.
Now the equestions, Should I hear the audible whine of the pump? Where is the starter solinoid located at? Is there an easy way to bypass the solinoid to try and see if the starter turns?
Thanks for any all help.

Chad

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If battery is good and starter clicks when you try to turn it over, it may need a new starter. Try tapping the starter with a hammer that sometimes will free it up. Or sometimes lose battery cables will give the same symtom. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Did it occassionally hard start lately? Make a loud buzzing noise before starting? Usually the starter let's you know before it quits completely. But I'd guess the starter has failed also.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to have to push the car into the garage and let it sit until the weekend. There's snow all around so it's suckin big time.

Chad

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Its not a fuel problem, The engine would crank over but not start.. Sounds like it could be a starter. a few things to check would be the ground connection on the block and the starter connections.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
not sure if if the bullitt has the same starter with solenoid on it like my 92 f150 5L....It has a small wire that clips to it on the starter.Mine fell off once.simple problem but not easy to figure out...you can always push start the car.that will rule out any fuel pump problems...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No hard starting. It just quit on me. I still have to move things around in the garage to get the car in. Hopefully it will be the starter and nothing else. While, I'm under the car, I'm going to check the connections.

Chad

·
Registered
667 Posts
Had the same issue a few months ago...

Long story short...

Battery: never been replaced, first thought that this was the culprit. Changed it out and installed new connections. No dice.

Starter: sounded like it was clicking, jumped it across with a small piece of wire. No dice. Go down to O'Reilly and replace it...no dice.

After working on her for 5 hours and getting nothing...let the dealership come get her only to find out the Camshaft Position Sensor was bad. The be-otch of this is that it is under the compressor in the back left side of the engine bay and I know nothing of removing that mess...so $500 later she was back on the road.

When a Camshaft Position Sensor goes bad, it won't allow the car to start up at all...no matter what you try, the CPU isn't going to let it happen for fear of internal engine damage.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cam sensor is on the left side of the eng. he crank sensor is the one under th compressor.

Chad

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: I put the car in the garage in this orning with a space heater running. That was a little before 5 am. about 12 hours later I went into the garage and decided to see if it would start. Well, it startedright up, no problems. So, now I have a new problem. What could possibly be the cause of the not starting?

Chad

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
may be a bad wiring connection somewhere. after moving the car it started, could be moving the car made the connection work.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know. All I touched was the back of the car, nothing else. Maybe with me rolling the window down help. lol.

Chad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts