Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone in there travels has seen a decent, realsitic wood steering wheel like the original Bullitt car that would work on ours? I've seen all the Grant products but they don't do anything for me. I realize the airbag would bite the dust as well. Any thoughts? I think it it would cool to add.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
haven t heard of one BUT in one of the other sites , someone was saying a company in missouri was working on a direct replacement wheel wood grain rim etc for 05-09 mustangs.... you could even pick the type wood i think.... draw back? 695.00

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a pic on my other comp with a woodgrain wheel in a Bullitt. I'll post up the pic next week.

Chad

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Mark , Don't know what kind of carpenter skills you have but there is a web site that shows you step by step how to make your own.No exotic tools looked fairly easy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Better late than never.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not digging that at all! Sorry but to me it just looks like someone is trying to make the car look more classy than it is. Like my dad putting a wood dash trim kit on a intrepid. I just laughed at him.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool. Who makes that?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I always liked the look and feel of a wood wheel.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Not sure who makes it. I can't even find the pic on the web anymore.
I thought I wouldnt like a wood wheel until I got into my Moms Lexus. Man did I ever like the feel of the wheel. nice and smooth

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah.... but its a Lexus, a classy car. We have a Ford dont do it. haha

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
M1 Tanker, Thanks for digging that up. Interesting. Kind of looks like my 300C's steering wheel. Oh well, I was just trying to find the old style that someone may have adapted.

Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
NP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts