Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta be the first (OK...second) to post here!
Bright and sunny here in the south today after cold blustery winds past few days.
Good day to take the Bullitt out.....if I had the Bullitt :(
Engine is back and in the car waiting on the transmission to come back from Pro-Motion.....I am getting so damn itchy!!!
Sorry Paul....never got any pics of the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Sounds good Kurt. I assume it will be ready for the Nats????

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brad.....it better damn well be ready by then!!!
The engine is complete....just waiting on the trany to complete in order to get her fired up.
Pro-Motion in Florida is doing the rebuild...but...they are so swamped with a number of current rebuilds, attending the regional race ckts, as well as in the process of moving from Florida to Atlanta.....so....still no solid committed prospects yet.
Still.....about two months out.....crossing my fingers!

When are you leaving anyway, and what route??

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Unless something monumental comes up, I will be going to the Nats. I'll be hooking up with DragonBullitt and heading up 75. Probably to Atlanta and then head towards Memphis and onto Tulsa. Not sure where an overnight would be. Leave on Wed and get to Tulsa on Thursday. I don't know if Atlanta-B'ham-Memphis or Atlanta-Nashville-Memphis would be best. When I would travel Memphis to Tampa, it was quicker going through Nashville although about 90 miles longer.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
If I go through TN. I always find it quicker to stop west of Nashville and stay out of Memphis for the night. They have always messed up my trip when I have stayed there. Plus I am unwilling to pay the $10-20 per night premium...

Besides, I'm asleep right? What do I care about what city is outside my room?

·
Car Whisperer
20,783 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Besides, I'm asleep right? What do I care about what city is outside my room?
Dunno about that.....in some places, you gotta care what's outside your room. I have traveled and felt like you had to crank off a couple of rounds when you leave, just to clear a safe path. Never did it mind you, but it felt that way.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9mmBullitt said:
Unless something monumental comes up, I will be going to the Nats. I'll be hooking up with DragonBullitt and heading up 75. Probably to Atlanta and then head towards Memphis and onto Tulsa. Not sure where an overnight would be. Leave on Wed and get to Tulsa on Thursday. I don't know if Atlanta-B'ham-Memphis or Atlanta-Nashville-Memphis would be best. When I would travel Memphis to Tampa, it was quicker going through Nashville although about 90 miles longer.
Brad/Dragonbullitt.....leave Tuesday night and you can spend the night in Atlanta at my place....then head out/caravan together Wed morning.
When I came back from Calif last summer, I went the M-B-A route....made it in really good time. The freeway construction has completed further. I will be driving back from Calif this coming Memorial day weekend, and plan to take that route again...so...can assess again.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My current thought was to drive 8 hrs into Little Rock on Wed....then a liesurly 4 hrs into Tulsa on Thursday....so that I could get there early afternoon since I need to help set up

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
BULLITT3230 said:
My current thought was to drive 8 hrs into Little Rock on Wed....then a liesurly 4 hrs into Tulsa on Thursday....so that I could get there early afternoon since I need to help set up
Sorry to jump in on this but I hope to be in Arkansas. I have 2 stops there before going on to Tulsa,
so Might be able to hook up as well.

English Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts