Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the 3.12" pulley on now. I am waiting for new silicon sleeves to put the s/c system back together. Also have a Boost-a-pump ready to go in.

Have had the side scoops repainted, new rockers and caps ready to go on and then a full machine polish.

While I am waiting for parts I took care of the most annoying thing about our beloved Bullitt's, which is the unpainted axle tubes....

Also detailed front suspension...

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Looks really good John!!! What did you use on the rear axle?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frankenstang said:
Looks really good John!!! What did you use on the rear axle?
Thanks Tim...

I used the trusty rustoleum satin and just brushed it on. It took a lot of time, mostly because of the awkward positions you've got to get yourself into. Looking back, if the car had been 6" higher it would have been much easier. On a lift would be a dream. :dhg01:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tocsboat24 said:
That thing is filthy!!

Alright, so I'm kidding. Looks exceptional.
Thanks Scott...I'm anxious to get the field test done for the smaller Vortech pulley....

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have always wanted to paint the back alxe. I hate the rust. My 98 came painted from the factory. Good job on yours. I might try it. You inspired me.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Thanks Tim...

I used the trusty rustoleum satin and just brushed it on. It took a lot of time, mostly because of the awkward positions you've got to get yourself into. Looking back, if the car had been 6" higher it would have been much easier. On a lift would be a dream. :dhg01:
I know, a dream of mine is to have a lift in my garage.. only a dream though.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
That looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!! If you're driving down the road and see a water puddle, will you stop and wait for it to dry??????? :lol:

:lol: :lol: Actually, I'd just about do anything to avoid it. I drive my wife crazy sometimes....:cool:

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
:lol: :lol: Actually, I'd just about do anything to avoid it. I drive my wife crazy sometimes....:cool:
you are not the lone ranger here. I'm all over the place to avoid water.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Very nice. The axle looks great.

Makes me realize how much cleaning I need to do under mine!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Thanks Tim...

John: I'm in the process of repainting undercarriage parts on #4507 also......Did the front left lower A-arm......Thanks for the tip on getting the car higher.....

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pronkie1 said:
John: I'm in the process of repainting undercarriage parts on #4507 also......Did the front left lower A-arm......Thanks for the tip on getting the car higher.....

Definately-the higher the better. Your back will love you for it....

Hmmmmm, A Arms.......Could be next :dhg01:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BullittMakesThree said:
Very nice. The axle looks great.

Makes me realize how much cleaning I need to do under mine!
Thanks Brad...I now share some Kenne Bell blood with you, I did the Boost-a-Pump install today.

Cant wait to try everything out!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
silvernx said:
Looks so sweet!! your undercar is so clean.. exceptional! really.
Thanks.....and go Habs!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts