Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my third driver's seat cover (not Recaro) in my 2019 DHG with 14K miles. I don't have any idea why the drivers side outboard seat bolster cover keeps wearing out. I don't wear bulky work clothes, don't have tools on my belt, and I don't get in the car Dukes of Hazard style (i.e. jumping through the window). Despite that, seat cover #3 is worn through just like cover #! and #2. Anyone else having this problem?

p.s. I do know that the bolster covers are not leather. Only the perforated inserts are real leather.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
It must be chafing from the seat belt buckle?
Can you re hang it in another position when you exit?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
What material pants belt? Woven nylon or other hard synthetics will wear the bolster with torso turning on entry/exit. I wear a smooth leather pants belt and untucked t-shirt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the perspectives everyone. Most often, my clothes belt is covered (untucked t-shirt or polo for example) and my belts are likewise smooth leather not woven belt(s). The seat belt suggestion was a likely culprit, but the worn spot is above where the seatbelt rides when I'm driving and below where the belt rests when unbuckled. The wear is at the point where the side bolster protrudes the most, which is where it contacts me when I'm entering and exiting the driver's seat. (See pic.) And I'm not a big/tall guy, so it's not as though I'm putting undue pressure on the bolster when driving, entering, or exiting the vehicle. I don't get it!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Personal luxury car Vehicle door

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Might you have your wallet in your hip pocket when getting in the car and its rubbing on the seat?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish my wallet was fat enough to be the culprit! :) I'll see what Ford has to say when I stop at my dealer soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that's a solution. But I love that green contrast stitching, so I want to keep showing it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love that green contrast stitching also, and that is why I want to keep it looking like new. I take it off for special occasions.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
do you wear jeans often?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts