Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving my year old Bullitt around today because i had nothing better to do on valentines day. Snapped up a couple pictures over in Indian and game back over the bridge and some guy in a dodge ram ran a red light and I T-boned him. Now I dont THINK it's going to be totalled I had it sent to the dealership I work at that does real good work with body damage and all. Myself I have a fractured hand from when the air bag deployed and shot my hand into the windshield. I was wondering how is the availability of a replacement Bullitt Grill and Steering wheel? Here are some disturbing pictures. It wasnt even 10 minutes after i snapped the pictures across the river that I had to take pictures of it after the wreck.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
OUCH!

That's not good.

Any wittnesses?

Very good photos by the river in any case.

I hope you get it all resolved in timely manner and your hand heals properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a cop RIGHT behind the guy that i hit. He ran through it right after it turned red and this was downtown Louisville,KY and I was going the speed limit hitting all the green lights as soon as they turned green so it was just too 'lucky'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't understand why not though. He was a sheriff he wasnt the one that actually gathered our information a city cop came by and did all that. This is my first accident ive been involved in im not sure how the process goes. The ram driver was stationed at Ft. Knox and the cops were chatting him up real friendly so Im not sure.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Robison said:
So does anyone know? Can the Bullitt grill and steering wheel be replaced?
Sure!:cool: Just don't trash them after about seven years, they will be obsolete by then.:redface: :shock: :frown:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Dude, I'm really sorry that happened to your car. Those parts can definitely be replaced at this stage of the game. The parts are even on Ebay. I had thought about stocking some of the unique parts for future replacement just in case. If the dash ever has to be replaced, I think that will be the hardest part to replace in a few years.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sorry to see that...Hope the hand heal properly......Your Bullitt can be fixed, but your body can't, well naturally.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aww geez. That stinks. I'm glad you survived without serious injuries. Hope your hand is better soon. The Bullitt is easily fixable. Any thoughts to modding her? I've seen some aftermarket GT500KR hoods for sale recently. That could look very nice on the Bullitt although the stock appearance looks equally cool. Good luck with the repairs and post some pics when she's back to 100%. Also, good luck with the insurance company's rental car. When our GTO was down last summer, we got a Hyundai Sonata for 3 weeks. Worst three weeks of driving EVER! :mad:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Booo for dodges...

Sorry to hear about the accident dude, I hope that the hand heals up well. Go get that checked out by a doc though, even if you think that it's ok. Sometimes it takes time for issues to show up.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Lightning said:
Booo for dodges...

Sorry to hear about the accident dude, I hope that the hand heals up well. Go get that checked out by a doc though, even if you think that it's ok. Sometimes it takes time for issues to show up.
I agree with above post. Take care of yourself and the Bullitt later. We all feel for you bro...post updates when you can.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Robison said:
I was out driving my year old Bullitt around today because i had nothing better to do on valentines day. Snapped up a couple pictures over in Indian and game back over the bridge and some guy in a dodge ram ran a red light and I T-boned him. Now I dont THINK it's going to be totalled I had it sent to the dealership I work at that does real good work with body damage and all. Myself I have a fractured hand from when the air bag deployed and shot my hand into the windshield. I was wondering how is the availability of a replacement Bullitt Grill and Steering wheel? Here are some disturbing pictures. It wasnt even 10 minutes after i snapped the pictures across the river that I had to take pictures of it after the wreck.

What a terrible thing - I am sorry to hear that. At least you weren't hurt bad. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I live up the road from you in Seymour.
That's a bit sobering to see the familiar river skyline and then the car smashed like that--it can happen to anyone.
I agree with Lightning, get checked out by a doc. These things can come back on you later. Take care!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
sorry about your car and glad that your injuries were not any worse. be sure and get your wrist thoroughly checked out and set properly with followup xrays to insure everything has stayed in the proper place and angle. All the best to you.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Get an accident report as soon as you can. If that other driver was'nt cited you should find out why. I am assuming you were not cited either.It may help to talk to his insurance co. rep. as well as your own. Glad to hear you wer'nt injured any worse sorry about the car hope the fix is swift and clean.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts