Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could post some of the threads,from BON,when we were awaiting the first Bullitts to arrive.I remember the tension back in Jan.thru April!! It was exciting. Man has it been a year already!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man,what a bummer. Well hope my memory of it will last! At least we have some early memories here,I hope.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,122 Posts
Ya, those were the good ole days--BON days...
Tracking our cars on the assembly line and wondering what "at the ramp" meant! Remember! We were all wettin our pants waiting for our Bullitts to come off the line and who would get theirs first! I believe it was tkatz, wasn't it with #60? Then some of us got to track our Bullitts via Burlington Northern by going to their web site and typing in your VIN # and seeing which town the train was passing through at that time and when it would be expected in the next town! Awhh, BON Days will always be a memory here! :smile: First thing in the morning I would go to the BNSF site and type in my VIN and see where my Bullitt was. One time I even got up in the middle of the night to track it! Is that sick or what? :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I always made it a point to read any post with Catsmashers name on it because you NEVER knew what he ould say next!!! :smile:
Cam

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,I remember the call I got at work. My son had called,saying Marvin,sales rep.,just called and the BULLITT was in! Man talk about a state of shock! I immmediately took a 1/2 day off and picked that thing up.It was delivered in 4 days!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Don't know how you owners that ordered were able to do it. The waiting that is. Thank God mine was an impulse buy and I only had to wait 20 hours from sighting to signing....

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-23 00:20, 01GTB wrote:
http://www.blueovalnews.com/ubb/

Only appears to go back through early April.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll be damned! I typed in http://www.blueovalnews.com and got redirected to the new boards.

Thanks, 01GTB :smile:

·
Registered
394 Posts
What happened to the CatSmasher? He was a froopy doopy funny guy. I always enjoyed his posts and I haven't seen him around. CatSmasher come back!!

Eric

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,122 Posts
Oh Nasty Bob, I am ROFLMHO reading those posts from BON! What a blast it was back then! It brings back the nostalgia reading those. Thanks! Hey, what ever happend to darkjedi anyway? We haven't heard from him in many months. He had the locking gas cap remember, and was playing with it waiting for his Bullitt to go down the line and broke the cap! :lol: It was his first mod...

I sure got worked up waiting for my Bullitt didn't I tho? :smile: It was fun and I will always remember the comroderie (sp) at Bon.

Boy, am I glad we didn't go through the ordering and waiting with the R! I don't think I could go through all that again. :lol:

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-12-23 22:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah thanks 01! Man these cars sure have been a trip so far ....EH .... :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Funny someone should say impulse buy :wink: . My roommate told me that a dealer in town had a Bullitt at it :grin: . The next day i woke up early and went over to "look/Drool :razz: " over it. They hooked me when they said "here take it around the block" :evil: . About 20 hrs later and 50 papers to sign and a trip over to my house to pick up my 93 Convertible GT i was going home in my new Bullitt. Bad part is i spent about $3000 in suspention work to the 93 and the day before i placed 2nd in Louisiana in a state wide Auto-x called the TLAC. Switched classes mid-year and i have been auto-xing the Bullitt ever since.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
oh wow, that seems like years ago! man, it's kind of cool to remember when we all 1st hooked up over there at BON.
brings back a lot of memories....also reminds me how lucky we are to have a site like this!

the REALLY funny part of reading those posts Bob was when i congratulated you and then told you how sick i was of hearing NOTHING and then that very afternoon the dealer called and said it was at the distribution center and would hit his lot the next morning!!...pretty funny stuff!
2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-12-26 12:13 ]</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts