Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this chip? http://www.customchip.com
Although my car is basically stock I am looking for a little more performance. I am about to place an order, but would like to hear from others who have this chip in their car. Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2003-12-04 20:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys, I need help!

NOBODY has used Custom chip??? They are claiming 15-25rwhp, and upward of 1/2 second off the quarter mile. Before I send them my hard earned money, I would like some feedback. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i am VERY leary of anyone claiming their chip can give a Bullitt 15 to 25 RWHP without proof FIRST!!!!
how much experience do they have with Bullitts? ask a LOT of questions and or let soemone else be the 1st guieane(SP?)Pig

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you want to go with someone who has some track record; go with Performance Ford or Diablo.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wounder if JMS has a chip out for the Bullitt Yet. They make a great chip for the regualr GT. IT is a flip chip and comes with 4 different settings to mess around with (diff timming and fuel curves). They are great for Coustmer services as well. Look on Corral for more info, everyone on Corrall uses them. They have a new NOS system as well that is real good.

Doug

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
LOL - thanks 3545!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
There is only one chip for the Bullitt that I can personally endorse and that's the custom chip from Paul's High Performance. I had a custom chip burned while the car was on the dyno and all it could give me was gear corrections so I didn't bother with it. It may have been an inadequacy of the chip, the tuner or both. On the other hand Paul Svinicki has a great deal of experience and his chip for my car did wonders. In any case, if you plan on doing things step by step then I would suggest that you get a chip last in your line of performance upgrades.
Arthur

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would concur.. get the chip last, or in conjunction with Gear and O/r Pipe... then you will save enough on the abbott and the MIL's to cover your chip, or close to it.

Doug

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK, so now it's out there: When to chip? If I do mods this spring such as supercharger and gear change, I'll HAVE to have a chip burned won't I? Let's say the following year I do more mods,wil I need to rechip again or can the old chip be reprogramed?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, you have been most helpful, but I am still up in the air. I guess nobody on this forum has used Custom Chip. :sad:

My only mods so far are a 160 stat, fan switch, and K&N filter. I am definitely going with a chip (I don't know who) And possibley do NITROUS. :smile: This to me would be the best bang for the buck. Has anyone installed a ZEX Nitrous kit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Roushraven,

In your reply above, I wasn't sure exactly what you were saying. When you say the 'custom chip' didn't give you much and you decided not to use it, are you referring to an off-the-shelf type chip versus the one from PHP. I am about to get a custom chip burned for my car while it is being dynoed. It is my impression that this is the best way to go.

In this thread it is not clear to me whether the PHP performance pack will include an off-the-shelf chip or would include mods and a tuned chip.

Sorry for the confusion on my part but I would like to hear your opinion on this.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Paul,
The custom dyno tune chip (Autologic) provided zero gains. Either the chip programming or programmer was the weak link. On the other hand the PHP custom chip was a definite improvement.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the e-mail I received from Custom Chips: Sounds good, don't ya think????
------------------------------------------
We specialize in Fords, and we have special calibrations
and software made just for the Bullitt and it's intake. The
OEM calibration that come stock with your car was not tuned
to take full advantage of that the Bullitt's entire intake
has to offer. We can most certainly increase the
performance of your car by 15-25 RWHP and drop your quarter
mile times by as much as half a second.

As you might already know, each of our chips is built-to-
order and custom-made for each of out clients. We can
definitely build you a chip to your specific specifications
and modifications.

I have taken the liberty of including some extra
information on the CustomChip below:

*Firmer transmission shifts (for automatics)
*Removed tip in spark retard
*Remove spark reduction during shifts (for automatics)
*Revised shift pattern for more performance feel (for
automatics)
*Faster manual downshifs (for automatics)
*Higher speed limiter
*Higher rev limiter
*Higher WOT shifts
*Revised fuel table
*Revised spark table
*Improved engine braking when at closed throttle
*Improved part throttle feel from better torque converter
function
*Turn cooling fans on sooner
*Revises torque converter function to eliminate shudder and
allow it to run cooler

*Available without EGR
*Available for any air meter you want to use
*Available for any fuel injectors you want to use
*Available without rear O2 sensors
*Available for any axle ratio you are using

**Adds about 15-25 RWHP on the Bullitt (requires use of
premium fuel, regular fuel calibrations available also)

Thank You,
Joseph Santoro
CustomChip

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
automatics? bullitts? am I missing something here? ''customed burned chip for your bullitts''yet it seems like all the features listed for the chip are for a car with an automatic.....maybe I mis-read

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL! Yes, it sure looked that way. :smile:

This is why I was crying out for help trying to find someone who used their chip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts