Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching a lot of stuff that has been posted by other members about cars for sale on ebay...so i was thinking...would you buy a car from ebay?

I have bought some small stuff from ebay...but...nothing big!...the most i have spent there is maybe $30....like i said..nothing big:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bought my 98 Mustang GT Convert off of eBay. The seller lived about 50 miles away, so I checked the car out in person and did a test drive. We actually worked a deal before the auction ended and he ended the auction early. I kept the car about 21/2 years and put 40k miles on it and sold for only about $1,300 less than I paid for it. Pretty good deal! I would hate to buy any car site unseen. Photos can be very forgiving!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I think the only way I would buy a car on Ebay was if I could check it out first or know and trust somebody to do it wherever else it was.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I think the only way I would buy a car on Ebay was if I could check it out first or know and trust somebody to do it wherever else it was.
+1 on that...Too much at stake and too many disreputable people to buy something like that site unseen...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
As I have posted before, I found mine on ebay. Bid on it and lost the bid. Other than the pics. I was bidding blind. Yeah, crazy, I know.

The winner paid his deposit, and his wife said no way to the stick shift. The dealer kept the deposit. I called them and asked if it was a completed deal. They told me about the buyer backing out and said I could have it for the winning bid less the deposit. Which was about $1K more than I bid. I got a loan from the credit union and flew to Florida, Palm Coast Ford. The car is everything the ad stated on ebay. And then some. I wasn't too concerned as it had a clean carfax and OASIS report, plus it has an extended warranty through next July 08. I would have a hard time buying from someone that had little or no feedback that I couldn't contact and get more info, pics and what have you.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I purchased a Mustang in June off of ebay. I did go look at the car before bidding,it was a 5 1/2 drive one way to see it. It was raining and I did not drive it. Went to my Ford dealer and placed a bid and won. It is a great car and worth every penny I paid, including meals and hotel charges.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We bought our Explorer on eBay from a dealer that was relatively local. We looked at it and drove it, and hit the "Buy It Now" button in his office. This particular dealer sells all over the country and has excellent feedback. I wouldn't have done it without seeing the vehicle or having someone else see it. Most dealers who do alot of business on eBay work pretty hard to protect their feedback rating. Private sellers may be a different story.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I agree with what everyone else stated.....You must see it in person before bidding or buying....Couple years ago I found a RX-7 that was local....Went out and looked at it, had surface rust and the guy lived next to the beach....Had sand in the exhaust pipes, he had to pull his battery out of truck for me to start it....Just didn't like the whole set up....Landed up finding another to buy....

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I've bought 3 vehicles off ebay. My first was the Bullitt and I bought it from a small dealer while in Kosovo, sight unseen. They ended up driving the Bullitt to my state for a very small fee and were very good with the paperwork. The other two vehicles I bought were both used and sight unseen as well. Both transactions went fine. I always make sure I communicate with the seller before hand and review their feedback. I guess I've been lucky. I also wouldn't do it without checking the carfax report.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts