Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what price would you buy this car?

A car like the one in this thread: http://imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164231

is for sale. At what price would you buy this car, assuming that the dealer can NOT get an original or replacement plate? Or would you not buy it at all? An inquiring mind wants to know...:rolleyes:

I'll post my answer later. This is not the first Bullitt to arrive at the dealership without the serial plate.:eek:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would not buy this car without the plate, but I would buy it if they had the replacement plate in hand with a letter from Ford certifying it.
Based on current conditions in the economy today I feel like $28,500 is a fair price on a new 2008 Bullitt, and 1k more for an '09.
By the way remember they are car dealers; used to stretching the truth. So when they are not selling cars keep in mind that they may stretch the truth a little more. I'm not saying that this Bullitt is not authentic this sounds like more of a salesman that doesn't know his product. Which in any situation is unacceptable, it's not like they have WalMart type traffic rolling in and out of the door. They have plenty of time to do research on all product they have. Especially collector car like the Bullitt.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
If the car hasn't been sold yet, and Ford knows they built it as a Bullitt, I see no reason for Ford to not provide a plate for it, even if they have to send their local rep out to put it on.

Would I buy it without the plate? Maybe for a decent discount

·
Registered
293 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
At what price would you buy this car?

A car like the one in this thread: http://imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164231

is for sale. At what price would you buy this car, assuming that the dealer can NOT get an original or replacement plate? Or would you not buy it at all? An inquiring mind wants to know...:rolleyes:

I'll post my answer later. This is not the first Bullitt to arrive at the dealership without the serial plate.:eek:
Maybe its a fake?

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I wouldn't buy it !

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
NO! As I posted on other thread, why didn't FORD put another ID # somewhere to verify A BULLITT like the 01's ?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
seems to me that without the plate or number there is no way of telling what it is could be a bullitt that has had the plate stolen and it is across some wanna be a bullitt mustangs struts as we speak but as already stated why dosent ford get the vin and supply a number at least if not a plate i wouldnt buy it

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am sure Fords customer service 800 number could verify a VIN as an actual Bullitt. They would no doubt be interested in a dealer selling a brand new Mustang as a Bullitt without the correct numbered strut tower brace. They would be really interested in a dealer selling a new car that is a fake that they are trying to pass off as authentic! When I called to aquire a new window sticker for my Bullitt they were able to verify immediately that my vin was a actual Bullitt!

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
if it was verified by FOMOCO as a TRUE from the factory bullitt ,
if I was able to get the CORRECT brace and bullitt ID plate ( even if that was later on down the road )
and
if the price was right

sure

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
One area the Bullitt is different. On the door posts where it idenitifies the tire sizes, the Bullitt has "no spare" on the label under spare tire size. I assume all other Mustangs (except Shelbys) have the spare tire size listed there.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
One area the Bullitt is different. On the door posts where it idenitifies the tire sizes, the Bullitt has "no spare" on the label under spare tire size. I assume all other Mustangs (except Shelbys) have the spare tire size listed there.
Good point. I'm not positive but a Shelby GT might have spare tire listed as they are regular GTs sent to Shelby. Some if not all aren't even 'Premium' versions.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe - I would really have to think about it.

A DHG? No, no way. Not for any price they would would consider selling it for.

A Black? Probably, if they discounted it enough (no more than a regular GT), and provided a OEM style STB. My intention would be to mod the HE** out of it, so it's value as an all original Bullitt would be shot anyway. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lightning said:
Hmmmm, maybe - I would really have to think about it.

A DHG? No, no way. Not for any price they would would consider selling it for.

A Black? Probably, if they discounted it enough (no more than a regular GT), and provided a OEM style STB. My intention would be to mod the HE** out of it, so it's value as an all original Bullitt would be shot anyway. ;)
Alas, this is what I was thinking. It's one heck of a step up in the GT department, and if I were going to mod a Bullitt, this would be one way of getting the job done for less money.

I'm not in the market for a black Bullitt. Nor do I have intentions of modding one. If I were, this is the route I would consider and probably take as it would have to be heavily discounted. If Ford doesn't provide a serial plate for it, I should think that a big discount would be the order of the day. That's a great first step in the budget on mods!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Check the mufflers for any modifications. The Bullitt has a unique muffler. You will be able to tell if the muffler has been cut off and replaced. A factory exhaust is welded by a machine, if the mufflers have been replaced they would be welded by a person. A person cannot weld as clean as a machine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sure, I'd buy it. For no more than a vanilla stock black GT. Without everything that comes in the 'package' you're not getting what you paid for. The dealer needs to replace this Bullitt specific item or sell it like any other GT and price it accordingly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.