Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could make your Bullitt look like this...

...would you?

I found a custom shop in my area that can make my car into a pretty close cousin to the concept car from the hood scoop and front & rear bumpers right down to the steering wheel and the wheel caps.

If you would, how much would you fork over for that kind of work?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Well, there is something tempting in the idea...mainly because the concept car is gorgeous. It's what the car was meant to be before becoming diluted with marketing pressures and internal Ford pressures (can't outperform the Cobra!).
So I recommend going with your heart, but try not doing anything you can't reverse later on down the line.
Personally, I'm keeping my Bullitt fairly stock cosmetically. It's a limited edition car and what we own IS the real deal...wouldn't want to mess with that too much.
Also, our cars came closer to the concept than just about any cars I can remember from recent history...Not too bad from the Mustang Team and Ford!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Yes, I would do that if I were you...

...then take pics and put them up here! :wink:

I'm not sure how much that would cost, but if I had the money, and the time, I would consider it.

Talk about a show winner! :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dennis and Bullitoid,

I keep going back and forth on this idea and had almost let it rest. Then I saw the coachwork this guy does and it got me going again.

We all seem to want to make our cars some how special and this kind of thing seems to be the ultimate mod to me.

The funny thing is I've won 5 trophies with this car this summer. 4 first place, 1 second and one 3rd place. Wierd huh???

Anyway, I'm waiting to see what he comes up with for a price.

Any other opinions would be appreciated.

Regards,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-10-14 10:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-10-14 10:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
If it could be done well under, say $5-6K, that's what I'd expect.

I wouldn't do it, however. I'd save the cash for my first complete show-car repaint. I don't think this factory polypaint is going to last like the old enamels.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You know, 220,
You may want to cut a deal with the guy...Since you do so many shows and participate in forums like this he may cut you a certain amount of slack on the price in order to get the publicity. There a more than a few guys here who may turn to him for business after you show the end result. If he hasn't actually done a BULLITT yet and yours turns out to be the Guinea Pig, well then more power to your case. Worth a shot anyway :-B

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
If this guy wants to cut you a deal for some publicity, I'll have one of the webmasters create a page just for the project.

We can put his name up in front of those who might be interested. :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me get a price from this guy.

That is an interesting thought.

BTW, the show circuit is a father son thing. After graduating from Indian Guides it just became a thing to do. You know what they say about the age of boys and their kinds of toys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2001-10-14 10:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey, bullitt220 4 first places, 1 second, and1 third is 6 trophies not 5.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I'm not good with math.

6 trophies, but I never get to see 'em because they're in my son's room.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you look closely at the concept hood it's seamless, actually part of the hood, not stuck on. It also goes all thway back to the windshield edge of the hood. I'l bet it doesn't leak for hours after you wash it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you look closely at the concept hood it's seamless, actually part of the hood, not stuck on. It also goes all thway back to the windshield edge of the hood. I'l bet it doesn't leak for hours after you wash it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Karl,

I understand your point. But that gives me some leeway as far as costs to do such a project. The photos above are what I'm shooting for and it'll be interesting to see what this all will cost.

BTW, are you from TO, ONT? I used to live in VAN, BC and traveled to Big Smoke, Quite often.

Carl G.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moved for business reasons.

I'm in the Ad Biz which has very little job security. I go to the highest bidder where the jobs are.

CG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts