Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your local drag strip had a TRUE dedicated STREET night,or day, for stock tire,non trailered cars only? No water allowed in the burn out box. This would keep the big slick race cars out for sure!
Most of us would like to get some good runs,for our buck,without having to have money tied up in track only tires,Line-Loc setups,and having to deal with running against unmuffled 10 sec. and faster race cars,which can be dangerous when they have trouble.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I would consider it since i have already made at least 135/140 passes down the 1/4 mile.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
  • No. I would race Mus408's (Larry's) Bullitt under the conditions listed above, however.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mus408 said:
Your local drag strip had a TRUE dedicated STREET night,or day, for stock tire,non trailered cars only? No water allowed in the burn out box. This would keep the big slick race cars out for sure!
Most of us would like to get some good runs,for our buck,without having to have money tied up in track only tires,Line-Loc setups,and having to deal with running against unmuffled 10 sec. and faster race cars,which can be dangerous when they have trouble.
We pretty much have that at New England Dragway (see below). We still see cars running from 10 to 20 seconds though, and everything in between.

Cars & Trucks:

On Wednesday Street Night events street tires are required (DOT Approved racing tires are acceptable).
No bald tires allowed
Open exhaust is not allowed
Co-driver’s are allowed in all vehicles running 14.00 seconds or slower
Seat belts are required
Overflow can for radiator required
Battery hold down bracket required
.500 Full Tree using manual start
Vehicles must comply with safety and equipment requirements as outlined by the current IHRA Rule Book
Vehicles must be street legal and able to pass state safety inspection
Nitrous oxide is permitted and must be installed according to the provisions outlined in the current IHRA Rule Book
Valid state driver’s license required. Learner’s permits are not acceptable
Helmets (Snell 95 or newer) are required for all vehicles running 13.99 or quicker
Drivers and co-drivers are required to wear long pants, a shirt, socks, and shoes

This next section will probably have an effect on Pete (Cat033) pretty soon the way he keeps cutting his times down.....

The following infractions shall result in immediate disqualificatin and competitiors shall not be permitted to race until the discrepancy is corrected:

Convertible running 13.49 or quicker without a roll bar
Motorcycle or snowmobile riders running 10.99 or quicker without leather pants and/or a lanyard
Hardtop vehicles running 11.49 or quicker without a roll bar
Drivers/riders running 9.99 seconds or quicker without a valid IHRA credential
Drivers running 13.99 seconds or quicker without a helmet meeting Snell or SFI specifications
Drivers/riders running 13.99 seconds or quicker with a co-driver

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes we have a "supposed" Street night,on Fridays. But you would have a hard time telling it from a regular Saturday race day for "Race" cars!
I going to work on the track management,for a more restricted STREET night for next year.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cochese said:
  • No. I would race Mus408's (Larry's) Bullitt under the conditions listed above, however.
Oh no....I'm saving the best for you,Collin.....The "Little Red Beast"...the 85 LX!
But only if I can fly your airplane!!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
nope, wouldn't change anything

isn't enough turns
and I don't particuarly care to plunk down $40 for 3 passes and I am there for 5 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts