Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what it would take for the rest of you to swap your Bullitt (if you even would). I love my car in the short time I've owned it but also have the opportunity to swap for a low mileage (19k) 03' Mach I. My Bullitt is VERY solid but it does have 65k on it. The Mach w/19k is apparently perfect and checks out clean at this point (carfax ect...). Neither will be a daily driver for me and will be parked in the winter. Soooo.... would your swap for $6,500-$7500? I need to make a short drive to do the deal. My gut tells me to keep the money in the bank and enjoy the Bullitt. However I can't imagine getting hurt selling the Mach later either... Give me your thoughts... Thanks hugely!!! in advance...

Originally when I bought the Bullitt... I thought only a Terminator down the road would get me out of this car... but then I started looking at Machs as well... ;)

S....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You mean trade the Bullitt plus $6500...? Um no. A straight trade then yes. I was looking for a Mach 1 in White or Azure Blue before I bought the Bullitt.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Machs are nice but they don't have the MOJO!! Seriously there is something the Bullitt has that makes it special. Just don't get the same feel with a Mach but it's your decision. drive it and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Shawk said:
Curious what it would take for the rest of you to swap your Bullitt (if you even would). I love my car in the short time I've owned it but also have the opportunity to swap for a low mileage (19k) 03' Mach I. My Bullitt is VERY solid but it does have 65k on it. The Mach w/19k is apparently perfect and checks out clean at this point (carfax ect...). Neither will be a daily driver for me and will be parked in the winter. Soooo.... would your swap for $6,500-$7500? I need to make a short drive to do the deal. My gut tells me to keep the money in the bank and enjoy the Bullitt. However I can't imagine getting hurt selling the Mach later either... Give me your thoughts... Thanks hugely!!! in advance...

Originally when I bought the Bullitt... I thought only a Terminator down the road would get me out of this car... but then I started looking at Machs as well... ;)

S....
Interesting thread....I guess I would need to know what it is about the Mach that is making you even question this. If it is the looks of the car then you need only to answer to yourself as ultimately you are the one who you need to please. But if you are considering this for performance reasons then count my vote as a resounding no!!!!!!! Take that $6500.00 and think what you could do to the Bullitt....You would have a car that would blow the Mach's doors off, and look far more stealth in doing it.
If you were to make a move to a different car I would stick to your original thought of possibly a terminator Cobra. Dont make the move to a Mach 1 though unless you are really in love with the looks of the car.
Thinking down the road if you keep the car for a long time, there were far fewer Bullitts made than Mach 1's. The rare factor is kind of cool, not to mention the cool factor already brought up in this thread.
That's my $.02 John R :cool:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
If it was a straight trade, maybe.....But that much money and your Bullitt????? No way!!!!!!! I never drove a Mach but they did offer an auto which would interest me down the road..... When I see one, I always think of what Scott Hoag's wife said at the 2006 Nationals about the Mach.....She said whatever changes she wanted with our Bullitts, she said they did it right with the Mach.........

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If it were me I'd keep the bullitt. I think bulls look way more sleek. But your the one who has to decide.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow... posted this then went out to the garage to finish cleaning up... LOTS of replies so quickly. So am I understanding you guys right? You're telling me probably not?? :D :D :D :D :D Ok... gotchya. Thanks for all the replies so far. Book for book, the Mach is worth the extra cash. That's the main reason along with the extra ponies it offers. If I were single I would own one of each... along with a winter driver. But that's not the case and I'm extremely thankful for my wife and kidos... I just can't own 3 mustangs (maybe later on ;) ). Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hard question to answer. My 04 Oxford White Mach is definitely a head turner whereas the Bullitt is more on the stealthy side. I love both of them. My Mach is an automatic, so the Bullitt is a little more fun when I'm in a shifting mood. But there is something about the Mach 1 with the shaker sticking up out of the hood and watching it move with the engine torque! The Mach does have more power than a stock Bullitt. Our Bullitt (my sons for the most part) has the CAI, 373 gears, short throw shifter, Diablo Predator tune and Nitto 555 tires. It's probably getting close to matching my stock Mach (only has a drop-in K&N filter).

We may take them both to the local 1/8 mile track soon to see how they do against each other.

They did make more Mach's, mostly blue and red ones, the black, orange, and silver ones are not as common. The white ones are the rarest, with less than 700 made in 04.

Hard decision, but drive the Mach and see what you think!

What color is the one your looking at?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Mach's seem to be holding their value. I would think around 18 to 20 grand for the Mach you're talking about? That would make the B worth about 11 to 13 grand, plus the 6500. Seems reasonable to me, but Greg is right about the Mojo. I like Mach's a lot, but I don't think I would do it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
For me it`s about the Bullitt! The movie mistique, Steve McQueen, and the unique look and feel of the car...not to mention this great mob (site) to be part of. I gotta tell ya though,the 08 Bullitt has me excited but I would not commit until saw, drove, and felt the car. When the new body style came out in 05 I went down to see, smell, and drive. I am not a zilloinaire but I have the means to drive most any car I wish and told the salesman that. He said so, if you like this 05 better you will buy it...cause I can tell you you`re gonna LOVE it. I said yeah...drove it, it`s nice, but I absolutely like my Bullitt better...no sale. As Greg would say its the mojo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rare Pony said:
Hard question to answer. My 04 Oxford White Mach is definitely a head turner whereas the Bullitt is more on the stealthy side. I love both of them. My Mach is an automatic, so the Bullitt is a little more fun when I'm in a shifting mood. But there is something about the Mach 1 with the shaker sticking up out of the hood and watching it move with the engine torque! The Mach does have more power than a stock Bullitt. Our Bullitt (my sons for the most part) has the CAI, 373 gears, short throw shifter, Diablo Predator tune and Nitto 555 tires. It's probably getting close to matching my stock Mach (only has a drop-in K&N filter).

We may take them both to the local 1/8 mile track soon to see how they do against each other.

They did make more Mach's, mostly blue and red ones, the black, orange, and silver ones are not as common. The white ones are the rarest, with less than 700 made in 04.

Hard decision, but drive the Mach and see what you think!

What color is the one your looking at?

Btw... GORGEOUS pics... :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
For the extra $$$$ you could just go Kenne Bell and whoop up on a Mach 1. Probably have a little change left over too. And it would handle better. It's up to you though. I've thought about a Mach or Cobra and trading off the Bullitt, but I like to be different. I'm sure if you were ever in the position to get another Stang later it would be harder to find a Bullitt than a Mach just because of the production numbers of each. My advice is to hold onto the Bullit, and you're going to hear that alot here considering this is a BULLITT site. But It's all in what YOU want to do. Whatever makes you happy man.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
itsabullitt said:
For the extra $$$$ you could just go Kenne Bell and whoop up on a Mach 1. Probably have a little change left over too. And it would handle better. It's up to you though. I've thought about a Mach or Cobra and trading off the Bullitt, but I like to be different. I'm sure if you were ever in the position to get another Stang later it would be harder to find a Bullitt than a Mach just because of the production numbers of each. My advice is to hold onto the Bullit, and you're going to hear that alot here considering this is a BULLITT site. But It's all in what YOU want to do. Whatever makes you happy man.
Thank you... and I agree that I could throw a supercharger on mine to get the extra ponies... but that leads me back to resale... I wouldn't recoupe the cost... maybe some but not most.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
I think it still boils down to what you like. The one you are looking at is just like my buddie's Mach that has come to the Nats twice with me. The Mach is very cool when you are sitting in there looking over that Shaker. If I did not have the Bullitt, I'd have a Mach (since I couldn't probably afford a Terminator, cause if I could, sorry.....the Bullitt as much as I love the car, would go.). I have driven both and have to say they do feel very different. If you are that interested, go and drive it and see what you think then. Based on what I have seen Mach's selling for, I don't think the price is out of line.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
We recently sold our Bullitt after having it since new. It was a great car that we liked a ton. We did purchase another Mustang (used) and also like it a ton. We don't really miss the Bullitt because we still have another Mustang. My suggestion would be to do what you feel is right. If you really, really like the Bullitt for the car and not what it represents you will probably regret selling it.

·
Administrator
6,299 Posts
Get the Mach 1 - it's a better car :) :)

Just kidding, of course.

Each of these vehicles has a character that is distinctive, so I think it is important to drive both.

I have an '03 Mach 1 that I do not plan to let go. The experience of the shaker and the engine output are great. It has excellent torque because of the intake cams.

I have driven an '01 Bullitt (never got one but have wanted one for 6 years now) and very much enjoyed the handling aspect. The Mach is more nose heavy because of the hood and shaker assembly. The Bullitt design definitely conveys "understated cool" while the Mach's says "look at my scoop".

I believe you must drive to decide! Good luck in your decision.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Each of these vehicles has a character that is distinctive, so I think it is important to drive both.
Ditto.

I was allowed the pleasure of driving Tony's Mach 1 a while back...they definitely have distinctive characters. After that I was very seriously considering purchasing a pre-owned Mach 1 to go with my B...but I couldn't get over the fact that one of them would have to be parked outdoors. Good luck regarding your decision. :smile:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts