Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you use your Bullitt, any Mustang, daily driver, (no matter what it is) to block in a stolen vehicle that does not belong to you? After thinking about what happened to cars that FuelSlut people drive, I have given this much thought.
I would like to think I would do the same but, I would have to be in that situation before I could answer truthfully.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Suburban - Yes
Freestyle - Yes, but he would push me back out of the way.. and wife would be mad since it is her car.
Impala SS - Hell yes, it needs new paint.. but its not running right so I would have to push it to block the perps. ;-)
Bullitt - Uh, err.. this is why the Fuelslut guys impressed the hell out of me. I would have to think twice about that one. Maybe in the "heat of battle" but that was still a noble deed in my book.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Maybe not the bullitt per-say,only in the heat of the situation, but my 66'F100 would do more damage to them and i dont think they would be able to push it out of the way

·
Registered
816 Posts
I agree completely!! I don't think I have the nuggets to block someone with the 68'.
If I was in the Volvo?? Oh Yea! It's a tank. Bring it on. It's also very replaceable. (give me an excuse to spend more time and get a mustang next time)
That is why those Fuel Sluts Kick complete A$$!. Those are buddies I would love to have around me!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
With the contour HELL YES, the wifes navigator probably since she has already been backed into. The bullitt or the harley f-150 would have to think about that one. Maybe try to get a bumper up against them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My Bullitt is a driver, and with all the rock chips on the front. . . it shows. Would give me a good reason to get thr front end repainted. I'd try to keep the back of the car pretty though.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
My 86 F350 diesel 4x4? Heck ya!
My Bullitt....lord have mercy my answer outside heat of the moment would be no. Who knows what you would really do though given the same circumstances....we ALL would love to nail the a$$wipes that do anything to our cars.
Like B-man and others have stated....for someone to do that with their pride and joy for the sake of a fellow motorhead they do not know.....well....hats off to the Fuelslut's cuz they have bigger kahonies than I have!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i would. especially in kevin's situation, i would love to have used 890 to stop that dirtbag. hopefully i could have hit him with 890. i cant stand people like this, and i know what it feels like to have a bullitt vandalized.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
This will probably get me permanently blacklisted on this site and any other following this saga but my take on this seems to be the only one like it or else I'm the only one who doesn't care about being pc.

First-for all those who devoted much of their own time and money (fuel, and ultimately repairs to their cars) I have a huge amount of respect. I haven't yet but plan to donate to the "repair fund" that was so thoughtfully set up on your behalf. You people have huge hearts and anybody would be lucky to have just one friend like you all. So this is not intended to be critical of what went down.

But if my car were ever to be stolen (after this post I'll be on my own anyway) I would prefer that any civilian efforts for recovery be limited to scoping it out, stopping short of trying to corner the offending idiot. This particular idiot had already demonstrated that he would run from civilians and law enforcement, so it was a pretty good indicator that if he were cornered he would scratch and claw his way out by any means necessary. There is just too much out of everybodys control when a desperate person gets backed into a corner in public, what if there are pedestrians, other motorists having nothing to do with the event? Things turned out okay from an innocent bystander perspective in this case, but the other thing is who's to say that the car wouldn't have been recovered un-attended with no body damage and possible less drivetrain damage if things had played out a bit longer? As far as the understandable desire to inflict bodily harm on said idiot, trust me when I say that things far worse that anything anybody on this board can do to him will be done when he ends up in prison. And that's where this guy will end up eventually.

To answer this thread's question "Would I" To save or recover a car, even a car as nice as #5135 I wouldn't put my car, bullitt or otherwise at risk for another car no matter how niceit is. I would, however do "whatever it takes" to save another person from injury or death even if it meant driving in front of a moving vehicle to deflect it from hitting a person.

Sorry if this incites a verbal war on here but I can't believe I'm the only one who feels this way. Maybe I am, heck living up here in Maine does strange things to people....John R

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Iwant1 said:
This will probably get me permanently blacklisted on this site and any other following this saga but my take on this seems to be the only one like it or else I'm the only one who doesn't care about being pc.

First-for all those who devoted much of their own time and money (fuel, and ultimately repairs to their cars) I have a huge amount of respect. I haven't yet but plan to donate to the "repair fund" that was so thoughtfully set up on your behalf. You people have huge hearts and anybody would be lucky to have just one friend like you all. So this is not intended to be critical of what went down.

But if my car were ever to be stolen (after this post I'll be on my own anyway) I would prefer that any civilian efforts for recovery be limited to scoping it out, stopping short of trying to corner the offending idiot. This particular idiot had already demonstrated that he would run from civilians and law enforcement, so it was a pretty good indicator that if he were cornered he would scratch and claw his way out by any means necessary. There is just too much out of everybodys control when a desperate person gets backed into a corner in public, what if there are pedestrians, other motorists having nothing to do with the event? Things turned out okay from an innocent bystander perspective in this case, but the other thing is who's to say that the car wouldn't have been recovered un-attended with no body damage and possible less drivetrain damage if things had played out a bit longer? As far as the understandable desire to inflict bodily harm on said idiot, trust me when I say that things far worse that anything anybody on this board can do to him will be done when he ends up in prison. And that's where this guy will end up eventually.

To answer this thread's question "Would I" To save or recover a car, even a car as nice as #5135 I wouldn't put my car, bullitt or otherwise at risk for another car no matter how niceit is. I would, however do "whatever it takes" to save another person from injury or death even if it meant driving in front of a moving vehicle to deflect it from hitting a person.

Sorry if this incites a verbal war on here but I can't believe I'm the only one who feels this way. Maybe I am, heck living up here in Maine does strange things to people....John R
I think that most people would probably agree with you, which is why it is so special what these guys did. No one asked them to go out of their way, nor to risk their life and property. But the fact that they did it anyway is why it is a big deal. It is really no different than any other hero, someone that went beyond the expected to help someone else.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
5111 said:
I think that most people would probably agree with you, which is why it is so special what these guys did. No one asked them to go out of their way, nor to risk their life and property. But the fact that they did it anyway is why it is a big deal. It is really no different than any other hero, someone that went beyond the expected to help someone else.
+1
dee hit it right on the money

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
bullitt890 said:
+1
dee hit it right on the money
Darn it!!!!! Every time you post it takes me about 10 minutes to find the text...lol :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
You know, I just don't know if I would. I too think that's what makes these guys special in my book. Just about everyone I know in their off time carries (CCL), so I think they would have just gotten shot before any damage was done to their car! :lol: If God is a Bullitthead, they have earned some redemption points!!

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
To protect myself, family or someone else, I would in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I don't know. I don't know that what the FS guys did was the smartest thing in the world but I will never question their guts or their hearts. Why do firemen run into burning buildings? Why do police chase the bad guys? It's not just because its their job. No matter who they are or what they do, these types of people have just a little different make-up than most. Again I take my hat off to them.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Okay, so it sounds like I probably wont be cast off with the lepers...:wink:
John R

bullitt890 said "you'll see something better up shortly"

Anxiously awaiting....:shine: John R

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
I don't know what I would do but there is no doubt that the Fuel Slut guys went FAR beyond the call of duty and deserve a chunk of our donations to repair their cars. I sent $50 to Brad's fund.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
No!

I'd sure follow him as much as possible, to find his "hideout". The report the bad guy to the authorities...

I would not sacrifice my car, nor would I sacrifice my truck, my wife's car or even the neighbors 74 dodge Pickup. Well, maybe the pickup, even he wants something else.

I wouldn't expect anyone to try what FS folks did, but that was their call. They were on the spot. Way above and beyond the call, or what any of us would expect of anyone else I'm sure. So, three Atta-Boys to them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts