Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was amazed when I saw a RED BULLITT at the airshow in Goldsboro, NC -- kept trying to find the owner, but never saw him. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

How can I post pictures from my own computer on here???

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I would have explained to him for sure.

No body in a Mustang club should be uninformed :D

he is a disgrace to Mustang kind, lol

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
This guy tried to pass this car off as a "real" Bullitt awhile back. We pointed out all the "flaws". It's an old thread on here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey hockeyplayer, that is it -- I just wanted to talk to him and see what he said -- guess I don't have to post my pics now.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Just goes to show that truth really is stranger than fiction. Kind of like those headrests however.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
This guy tried to pass this car off as a "real" Bullitt awhile back. We pointed out all the "flaws". It's an old thread on here.
pretty sure that is red Fullitt #2 you're talking about

It had beige interior and more stickers on the side then this one.

I still want to see more pics of the original REAL Bullitt that was painted red that is out there

·
Registered
104 Posts
i believe i have a pic of it, its in california with a custom plate (forgot the lettering but its on my cell phone) i thought it was a fake but i went out and it had the side scoops, rear windows, red calipers and such.. but eurostyle tail lights, if it was a fake he did a DAMN good job... but i believed it was the real thing.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Ezekial said:

I still want to see more pics of the original REAL Bullitt that was painted red that is out there
Or the one that was painted competition orange with black racing stripes and cobra wheels.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Or the one that was painted competition orange with black racing stripes and cobra wheels.
oh wow!
haven't heard about that one.
I think we need a compilation of heavily changed Bullitts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Ezekial said:
oh wow!
haven't heard about that one.
I think we need a compilation of heavily changed Bullitts
Yeah that one was a little ways back.

I think a registry is in order. like BULLITT "Cobra R", and Jims shaved bullitt. and all the rest.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Ezekial said:

...one Red Bullitt looks like another....:wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,071 Posts
Here is the pic of the Calypso Coral Bullitt #581 from Canada and what the owner said about it: Looks like they put a lot of $$ into making it that color:

" 2 DAYS AFTER WE GOT IT, NEW WE STRIPPED IT DOWN - SEATS OUT, ENGINE OUT, EVERYTHING - AND PAINTED IT CALYPSO CORAL, A 70 COLOR OF THE MACH 1'S. SO WE FOUND THE HIDDEN STICKER DAY TWO . ALL THE WORK WAS DONE THROUGH THE LOCAL FORD GARAGE AND FORD REPLACED THE VIN NUMBER AND STICKER ON SHOCK TOWER AS THEY COULD NOT BE SALVAGED. THE VIN# STILL SHOWS IT AS BEING BLACK. THEY COULD NOT CHANGE THAT."

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Ah Thats right Calypso Coral was the color. and there are black stripes. wow that was a while ago. I still wished they hadnt done that though

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,071 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
THE VIN# STILL SHOWS IT AS BEING BLACK. THEY COULD NOT CHANGE THAT."
How does the VIN# designate the color of a Bullitt? Don't think so... I know Wonbullitt can send a VIN in if need be and get the color from it, but the general public can't tell color from a VIN. So Ford must have told them about it...

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
How does the VIN# designate the color of a Bullitt? Don't think so... I know Wonbullitt can send a VIN in if need be and get the color from it, but the general public can't tell color from a VIN. So Ford must have told them about it...
Not sure.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
if they had a dealer run it they could tho...i can usually get the color by the vin

·
Registered
2001 Bullitt #503
80 Posts
LOL, amazing to see some old photos of my car on this site. Jeremy, interesting to see the comments you posted, very nice. As to if I pass my car off as a Factory Bullitt, I do not.

As to the statement or question if I know what a factory Bullitt consists of, yes I do. My GT is actually an 02, I enjoy lots of the 01's styling Q's and I feel the Bullitt Model is one of the best looking GT's Ford has produced, except for the lack of a spoiler and mud flaps :(

I have enjoyed picking up pieces here and there for my car. As for a D3 = Torch Red Bullitt - I enjoy it being unique. Maybe instead of attacking my character the next time you see my car & or I, you'll say hello.

What I have collected thus far:
dash cluster, shifter bezel, shifter knob, pedals, door sills, rocker panels, calipers/rotors, rear quarter window & c-pillars, badging, rims, springs, grill delete kit, added chin spoiler, rolled exhaust tips - also U/D pullies

The largest pieces I probably won't opt to purchase are the seats, I like the style of the Mach 1 seats with the colored stripe. I will probably have them re-done with a red stripe to match. - Joel.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That'll be kool if you do all of the Bullit additions as long as it doesn't get passed off as a true Bullitt. Do you already have all the above installed? Are you getting some Bullitt skirts and c-scoops? Be kinda kool to see after you are finished.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts