1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
That Mach 1 he's got looks like a deal as well!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I noticed the B is missing two of the key underhood-items that make a B not just another Mustang.

Wonder if the STB and CAI are still with the car, he just has 'em stored someplace they won't be stolen mebbe? Or the crashing owner took them when giving up the car........

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
maybe thats the 08 that crashed racing at the track??

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
TheCat033 said:
I didn't think it looked like enough damage for that one but who knows.

This business also has tons of new Mach 1 and Cobra hoods for the 2001 Bullitt (or GT's). Anyone looking should check them out.

They also have quarter glass availabel (no price listed). Someone was looking a few days ago. Mach 1 and Bullitt glass available.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
TheCat033 said:

You are probably right. I was thinking how could they total that. Insurance dont cover at the race track. And it looked bent starting from the pass side.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
TheCat033 said:
I highly doubt it.

At the speed that car kissed the wall at, I highly doubt the hood would be in that good a condition. Also, the LF wheel came off (broken wheel studs???), this car appears fine in that regard. And there was damage to the rear Left corner, no rear damage on this car at all.

Here's the link to the Vid again, in case anyone wants to check it out http://videos.streetfire.net/video/06-Mustang-Bullitt-wreck_200508.htm

·
Registered
583 Posts
Didn't the race track Bullitt wreck kill the drivers door? I believe someone said it wouldn't open after the crash and the kid had to climb out the passenger side right? Both doors open on this car and they look undamaged!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Talked to this place on the phone today . Car is still there. Info is the car was hit on the right side left side was untouched just removed and never put back on radiator was removed for repair.Strut tower brace is gone .Tried to get vin number but gentleman I spoke with seemed very busy and could or would not supply me with it . My son 18 yrs. is very interested in buying this "B" seems like a good project car for spring . Now if he only had the cash he could swing it.Looks like about 5 to 7 grand worth of repairs to my untrained eye. Also they claim to have another 08 and would be able to supply parts for this ones repair.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are the last six digits of the vin for this car: VIN # is 186671

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
That Bullitt would appear to be worthy of a rebuild. I doubt that you could rebuild, sell and profit though. Those two missing Bullitt exclusive items along with the total in the car history would kill any resale value.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Thats what we figured also. Do you think that ford would supply a new strut bar for a missing one?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nearly 13 grand for the car with all the missing parts;then add 5 to 7 for repairs then you're at 20grand, still missing the stb and you got a salvage title. Did I miss the part where this car is more of a rip-off than a good deal????!!!:confused:

A member here was talking about selling his 08 B for 23k a couple weeks ago. In my opinion the STB missing is almost as much of a value killer as the salvage title. Who knows how hard it was hit, it might never run the same as a clean B ever. :frown:

If the price was about 5 grand less it would make more sense to get the entire drive train and put it in an older GT. It would make for one interesting GT.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
first ford said:
Thats what we figured also. Do you think that ford would supply a new strut bar for a missing one?
Sure they would, but it would only be the Ford Racing part. The S/N plate is a stick on one of a kind. So no replacements, and no idea how to find out what the S/N was...

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can give a good word for Bill Fox. He met me in Haymarket on his way to a Car Auction in Richmod. I bought a new 99/01 Cobra front bumper cover from him a couple of years ago.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts