Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a horrible trip home. Yesterday we were coming home from Austin. Stacy was sick and near Hillsboro decided to vomit. She caught it all in a bag as I pulled over to the side of the road, but then she reached to open the door and dropped the bag. Vomit got all over her leg, shirt, and the outside of the truck. We tried to clean her up and change her clothes on the side of the road. Then we continued on. We were on 287 between Mansfield and Midlothian following a white Exploder at a safe distance and we were passing a red Trailblazer at 70mph. Suddenly the Trailblazer jerked over in front of the Exploder. We both had to slow down considerably. I noticed that the Trailblazer was weaving around like he was drunk and conciously thought that I should maybe back of a bit just in case, but we were passing another car on our left and then the road would be clear to shoot buy the drunk and get out of his way. I heard something in the truck fall and saw Stacy look down, I glanced down and then back up and saw the Exploder with his brakes on right in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and activated the ABS. We had just entered a bridge and I had no shoulder to jump to. The truck slowed down a lot and I thought I would miss him but unfortunately no. I hit the Exploder pretty hard, but not enough to set off the airbags. Apparently the Trailblazer brake checked the Exploder but didn't let off until he was at about 20mph. I tried to drive off the highway but I had to give a fair amount of gas to the truck to get it to move so I got out and looked. The front bumper had hit the Exploders tow package and had pushed the metal bumper under the bumper cover into the tire hard. I tried to pull it out, but it was in there. I got back in the truck and managed to get off the bridge and onto the shoulder. It just about destroyed the tire in the meantime. I then tried everything managable to pull the bumper out far enough to drive on home. I couldn't, so I had to call a tow truck :( The car is being taken to Craig's in Arlington this morning to await the adjuster. Stacy dropped me off at work today and when she picks me up this afternoon we will stop by and talk to them.

It is a 2.5 hour drive from Austin to our house. We left Austin yesterday at 11:30am and got home at 6:00pm. :( Luckily nobody was hurt or even bruised. Just sucks that it will cost me several hundred dollars for nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Dee,
I really hate to hear that! I do however know how you feel! The bad news is that by the time you are through dealing with the insurance you are going to feel even worse! I really hope they can fix it and fix it RIGHT for you and Stacy. I have made that trip from Austin to Dallas several times and there is always an idiot somewhere to be found. Very happy to hear that you are both ok and that it didn't trip the airbags! I hope you have good luck dealing with the insurance!

·
Administrator
6,221 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about this Dee. I hope both you and your wife are recovering. If you feel like it, would you post some pictures of the damage?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony Alonso said:
Man, sorry to hear about this Dee. I hope both you and your wife are recovering. If you feel like it, would you post some pictures of the damage?
I didn't even think of getting any pictures then, but I'll try and get some today at the body shop.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Crazy, is it just me or is someone out there literally targeting us bullitt owners.

Glad to see you both are Ok. Did Stacy have the flu?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Bummer, Dee! I totally hate I-35 traffic. It's like a NASCAR race anytime I'm on it. Did you find out if the TrailBlazer driver was drinking? What was his problem if not?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That sucks!

Did you or the White Explorer's driver get the Trailblazer's License number and report it to the TX DPS?

·
Banned
978 Posts
Very sorry to hear of this, Dee and Stacy...but good to hear that everyone is ok.

I hope that the insurance company dealings go as smoothly as possible.

Also, was law enforcement brought into the picture? I didn't see anything regarding an accident report or anything.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
That is terrible...glad to hear that both of you were not hurt!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Man,dee sorry to hear about the accident, am glad you both are ok !

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Damn Dee......that sucks....
I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune....
but I am glad to hear that you and Stacey are OK

I swear, idiots on the road are everywhere now-a-days......I was amazed this
past weekend after getting 3230 back from MPH, rediscovering how much of an
idiot driver magnet the Bullitt is....I had so many altercations with idiots
this weekend, never have I had that kind of trouble with the truck...but...
even trucks aren't immune from the idiots it appears

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
That's terrible news. It is great news that you are both okay though. I hope that Stacy is feeling better. Strep throat sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
That sucks, Dee. Glad you guys are OK. I hope either one of you or the Exploder driver got the plate number of the Trailblazer.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts