Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Bullitt 3 months ago. I love it. Finally saw another in person about 3 weeks ago and noticed Bullitts come with special rocker sills different from the normal GT's that mine does not have. The factory equipped mine with the standard GT rocker sills. Bullitt rocker sills are smooth and nearest the front wheel has what looks like a built in mud/water guard and is much cleaner looking. Before seeing another Bullitt in person, I had seen the correct rocker sills on the concept Bullitt and figured they didn't make it to production. I was wrong. So I took it to the dealer, they looked as if they didn't believe me until they saw another for themselves and are working on getting the correct pieces. Anyways, I was at the time the only one according to Ford that has come foward with this problem. Since myself, 2 more have poppod up across the U.S. all 3 cars including mine being black in color. For my trouble and extreme patience I asked the dealer for fog lamps to be installed since I can use them. So everyone, check your cars and lets see if there are more than the afformentioned 3. I'll keep everyone posted.
Also great website, I am so happy to have found it. Thanks David #00797

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good post. Welcome to Bullitclub!!!BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I wondered when that would happen!!!! Take pictures and save them along with the parts some day in far away Galxie your factory freck will be great reading in a Mustang Monthly.
95 bottles of beer on the wall,
95 bottles of beer, take one down,
Pass it around

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bullitt #5421 also black in color has one correct rocker panel ( drivers side) and one gt (pass side ) I think its cool, no one else even notices . Must be those 130mph fly-bys. hope this helps you get those fog lamps -let me know. FF

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bullitt #353 also came with only one correct sill plate on the drivers side and a regular GT sill plate on the passenger side. Dealer fixed it within two weeks. This was in May when Bullitts were still in production. I hope you can get the parts because the Bullitt sill plates are very cool. I think it is pretty devious for them to give you two GT plates. With only one it was easy to spot the fake.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Saw a black one at Greenway Ford in Orlando that had the regular GT side scoops on it when I was shopping for mine a couple weeks ago.....

·
Registered
822 Posts
Funny you should post this, mine had the GT's on the driver side, but not the passengers side. When I mentioned this to the dealer..they knew. I guess the Ford Co. didn't send the correct ones with the car. I was talking to another Bullitt owner and she had the same troubles. She then told me that her friend Mike had the same trouble. So...it seems that this has been a fairly common problem across the country. Just thought I would let you know that you were not alone out there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I feel better already. I should be hearing from the GM. of the dealer by the end of this next week to set up the install of the correct rocker sills.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB00797 on 2001-10-20 18:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE

It's been a while and after a scuffle with the G.M. they finally got the correct rocker sills. The Chevy dealer that painted them installed them and while talking B.S. with the guy he said I could have the old rocker sills. The G.M. ordered the fog lamp kit for my trouble and I put them on myself. Piece of cake, the car was pre wired.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the same problem. Correct left drivers side and wrong passenger side. I spoke to the dealer about this and they said that I would have to bring in the car because the parts dept. can't order the part without seeing the car. According to the dealer there are too many different parts to order the correct one without seeing the car. Haven't brought it back to the dealer yet. BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had the same problem with True Blue 4043.
Took the car to the dealer and had the correct passenger c-pillar ordered. I waited three weeks and took the car in to only find out that they ordered the wrong one. Go figure. They kept the car another three days and finally fixed the problem. Make sure you inspect closely these pillars need to painted at the dealership prior to installation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can someone post a picture ? close up....

Ell

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
me too, I was supposed to get the passenger side done today but didn't make it. Hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
173 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-15 04:41, BB00797 wrote:
UPDATE

It's been a while and after a scuffle with the G.M. they finally got the correct rocker sills. The Chevy dealer that painted them installed them and while talking B.S. with the guy he said I could have the old rocker sills. The G.M. ordered the fog lamp kit for my trouble and I put them on myself. Piece of cake, the car was pre wired.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

C H E V Y dealer????

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, Chevy. The dealer where I purchased #797 is really small and doesn't have a paint/body shop. So they contracted the local Chevy dealer to do the paint/install. I waited and watched (as always). It only took about 20 minutes, very simple proceedure and now my Bullitt is finally complete. Compared with problems that others have had with their cars, I am lucky it was a quick fix. I feel for all with the incorrect C-pillars and blown head gaskets.
Kfengler,I like the fogs lamps however they don't make any difference under normal driving conditions. I shall try the 50w that you have. Do you have a number handy for that bulb? Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
To see the comparison of "C" pillars go to the previous page of this thread and check out Karl Fengler's post with pics of the Bullitt and Cobra R...the "C" pillar is the metal just behind the passenger quarter window.
If you were asking about the rockers...here's a pic of the Bullitt's with the integrated front mudguard:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
it's all plastic Karl!!
C-Pillars, A-frame cover in front, rocker, covers, front and rear fascia, hood, and trunk!!
none of those are metal!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK I'm sorry to be a smarty but the parts in question are rocker panel molding not sill plates they are inside the door jam and in the old days of 68s they were called "scuff plates" I am sorry but that is what 15 years of a parts dept will do to you. I get any BULLITT special part #s that anyone may need.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts