Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
woops ment to ask, anyone know any sites. i checked MGW and Steeda and didnt see what i wanted.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
How difficult are these trim rings to install? How much time? If you have installed them do you like them?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I installed the chrome ones last year. From what I remember they were pretty easy to install and they look like they should have been there all along. You will be suprised at what a difference they make in making your gauges stand out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was lucky enough to find a set on ebay, with the instrument cover also...picked up both for 35 bucks. The cover was in better shape than mine, ie; no scratches and the rings basically just fit in the openings...once you put the guages back on, it holds them in place. Couldn't have taken me more than thirty minutes, tops. They look like they should have been there all along...even my kids thought they looked a lot better, although they are into Mustangs just like their dad !!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
dennisbaker said:
How difficult are these trim rings to install? How much time? If you have installed them do you like them?
I had more trouble with the headlight knob than anything else. Takes a little time but not much. Of course my instrument panel was the one that needed a little extra work for the inserts to work. Well worth the time, they look good.

Very detailed and well explained instructions. I did not check the time I spent doing this mod, just took my time.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thanks guys. looks like it helped more than one person. i just want my main gauges to match my pillar pod gauges

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
It REALLY sets the gauges off. It took me less than an hour but I took my time. Headlight knob was my only slow down. Everyone is right. The instructions from Explicit Auto are very detailed and didn't miss a thing. We will be raffling off a few sets at the Nationals!!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats cool. ive had my dash apart several times while installing gaues and lights so its pretty easy for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
got mine as well. good question and good answers, i had no idea what you were talking about when you asked about them, but after looking at the link i had to have them as well.:) thanks

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
The gauge rings rock! Excellent product from Explicit Auto.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah they remind me of the 67'-68' gauge bezels. they have a ring around them as well. makes me miss my 68 though, at least its still in the family.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts