Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to trade my HG painted Sirius antenna for your unpainted antenna.

It works fine painted and matches the trunk lid perfectly, but since my trunk lid mods, one being antenna delete, I now want to relocate the antenna to the inside rear deck and the painted one just won't look right.

Attachments

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Big Daddy said:

It works fine painted and matches the trunk lid perfectly, but since my trunk lid mods, one being antenna delete, I now want to relocate the antenna to the inside rear deck and the painted one just won't look right.
Joe,

I have Never Looked to see how the Antenna is Mounted to the Trunk.

Looks like a Single Bolt that holds the Antenna on.

Never figured out how to get the Black Cover loose to see where the Antenna Wire goes
or Plugs in.

I'm a "Player" if this is a Simple Procedure to Change them Out.

Bring Me up to date on the "Removal & Install" and I very well may be your Guy.........

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Terry,

The plastic enclosure is tabbed and simply pops off by hand.

Then, remove the U-clip for the antenna connector and the antenna mounting bolt.

Reverse the procedure and you’re done in ten minutes.

Here is a view from the Ford manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Hi Terry,

The plastic enclosure is tabbed and simply pops off by hand.

Then, remove the U-clip for the antenna connector and the antenna mounting bolt.

Reverse the procedure and you’re done in ten minutes.

Here is a view from the Ford manual:
Send Me your HG Painted Antenna and "IF" it is "Not-Scratched" and "Works" I will send mine

back to You. Plus the "Color-Matches" We Both are set.

I would Appreciate it if you would go over your paint Procedure so I know the paint is going to

stay on the Antenna.

If, (And I Hope Not) I sound or come across here to Matter-Of-Fact it is just trying to get

information. Nothing more.

Terry Honaker
205 Ellington Drive
Franklin, TN. 37064

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are no defects to this antenna, whatsoever.

The antenna was professionally painted by a body shop that has done work for me over many years. It was painted in June when they did my SHR Louvers, Agent 47 mirrors, and window moldings.

I will send it out this week. Then with the antenna in hand you can evaluate the paint and reception. Keep it for as long as you need to feel comfortable. I am in no hurry considering my B is in hibernation.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Big Daddy said:

The antenna was professionally painted by a body shop that has done work for me over many years. It was painted in June when they did my SHR Louvers, Agent 47 mirrors, and window moldings.

I will send it out this week. Then with the antenna in hand you can evaluate the paint and reception. Keep it for as long as you need to feel comfortable. I am in no hurry considering my B is in hibernation.
Joe,

I will be looking for it...........

More than likely I will simply go by the Acura Dealer I worked for and have one of the Techs

do their thing.

Take Care,

Terry

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Joe,

I will be looking for it...........

More than likely I will simply go by the Acura Dealer I worked for and have one of the Techs

do their thing.

Take Care,

Terry
I also know this guy not too far from you...

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Looking so Smooth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Daddy said:

Hey Joe,

Looking Good Man..........

Hope You don't mind ?

But I was so Impressed that I threw in a Little Something $$$$ EXTRA for You :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is GREEN like My-New HG (Highland Green) Sirius Antenna :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

I will send you the Replacement in the morning.

Terry Honaker aka "tigerhonaker"

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Big Daddy said:

Joe,

Mine is back to You VIA UPS today (Saturday). Ground

Thursday is the day You should have Package back:

I'm NOT posting the Receipt with Your Address here:
Some Members Do-Not like Their Personal Address given out:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Terry,

So glad that you agree, all turtles should be green ;)

I am glad that you are happy with it, but it was not necessary that you return some green to me.

Yes, my body shop has the ‘right stuff.’ Ref: Paint Code

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Did you do the removal and replacement yourself?
Joe,

Yes, it took all of about 5-Minutes...........

Way back in the day I was in Customer Engineering with IBM.

So, that means I repaired IBM Office Products.

So, I am capable of doing many things but I choose not to unless I know what I am getting into.

Your Diagram and written Comments insured me that this was a Snap :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Look for a UPS Package this coming Thursday.

All is A-OK on this end........ :cool: :cool: :cool:

BTW,
I "Always" take Care of those that take care of Me $$$$:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts