Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come for me to start looking for a vehicle that suits my needs a little better. Living in the mountains aint easy when your car has 2wd and 300 ft/lbs haha. Im looking for a 2000 and up Wrangler or Cherokee 4wd to swap out for my 2001 Bullitt. No money on my end, so i'll entertain offers, as long what you're offering isnt a POS. My car is as reliable as Seattle's rain, so what your offerening should be as well.

I'm looking for a Wrangler 4.0 preferably, one that is not sitting on 44" swampers or a 12" skyjacker kit lol. I will be driving it everyday, so it needs to be somewhat efficient and in good shape. MT preferred. Soft or hard top. And did i say clean? lol...

#205 is clean, unmolested and ready for a new life. She is just not going to reach her full potential in my driveway. :doubt:

and pictured here with a crappy cell phone pic with my sweet mini yellow onions lol

I value the car around 11K so anything offered, i will expect to be of equal or higher value :eek: or expect a cash lump sum to equal if what you are offering is of less value.

Thanks for looking

Kelly

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
It maybe just me, but I'd sure would think about buying the Wrangler first. Drive it for a while to make sure it's what you want and is as clean and reliable as you desire. If it isn't, sell and try again. Mean time you still have the Bullitt and know how good a wheel it is. If your happy with the Jeep, and don't beleive you still need the Bullitt, then sell it for more than what your going to see in trade. I'd consider doing the buy, then sell cheap insurance on your transportation needs.:wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bah im not in a position to buy it first, wish i was. If i could save about 5 grand, i'd just buy one outright. Property taxes and uncle sam got all my extra monies this year... #$%^&*!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Could you rent one for a few days?????? That way you get a feel for it.....Just a thought........Good luck with the trade.............

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive owed a CJ and several Cherokee's.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I had a '70 Land Cruiser for years - from Missouri to NW to Canada and finally settled in Southern Oregon Cascades in '80 where I picked up a '72 for a few more years. I believe they are about the same wheelbase as the Wrangler & CJ's. Since they were 4X4's I just assumed the way they drove on snow was how it was. Everybody always bragged how great CJ & LC 4X4's were.

It got hit in '83 and then I bought my full size F150 4X4. I COULD NOT BELIEVE how much better it drove on snow because of the longer wheelbase! I'm at 4200' with a 5k pass in every direction. On well packed snow (after the storm has passed and the plows have packed the surface with some cinders tossed in & still below freezing), I can do 50-55 comfortably. If its fresh snow, let's say 40-45 with slush being the worst. 254k, still running, and half those miles were in 4X4. I have driven my buddy's 99 Cherokee and felt just as safe at similar speeds.

But there is NO WAY I could drive as safe on those winter conditions with shorter wheelbases like old Land Cruisers & CJ's with their higher center of gravity. Squirrelly to the max! It was like 30-35 all the way to town. 30 miles became an hour drive.

I realize your winters may not be as bad as out here (although midwest gets those ice storms underneath snow). But I would never again go with a shorter wheelbase than the Cherokee for safe 4X4 on snow packed roads.

PS: Be sure to inquire about the repeated rotor warpage problem on the Cherokee. They may have fixed them by 2k but the 99's and a few yrs back had real problems. Should have recalled but didn't according to my buddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts