Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that the magnaflow x-pipe with cats and magnaflow cat back has shown to be worth 30+ horsepower to the wheels, which mod do you think would give the best seat of the pants improvement....the magnaflow set up or 4.10 gears.....can anybody guess how much of a difference 4.10's would make on the 1/4 mile...... 3/10's, 4/10's?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-12 20:31, #2971 wrote:
Seeing that the magnaflow x-pipe with cats and magnaflow cat back has shown to be worth 30+ horsepower to the wheels
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Where did you see this? That seems a little optimistic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you believe this is says that a stock bullitt got 24 rwhp and 30 lb/ft of torque with a magnaflow x-pipe with cats...then 12-14 rwhp for the cat back. Is this some kind of joke?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lets see cat-back, and h-pipe w/cats 30 hp.
what the hell lets say up to 60hp.
here is the break down as I know it.

h-pipe w/o cats 6-8hp
h-pipe w/cats 4-5hp
x/pipe w/o cats 12-16hp
mac pro-chamber 16-23hp

cat back exhaust 4-6hp

shorty headers 6-10hp

once you go blown double the fig. above.

just by reading this your car gained 2-5hp.
just kidding.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I dynoed 264 with pullies, PRO m 87 and bassani X and magnaflow Cat Back on my 2000 GT. Ron will back it with a dyno, as well, so ask for the proof.

ON a sige note I have seem side by side dyno of H pipe, prochamber and X pipe. They were all with in 3-4 hours of each other.

·
Registered
393 Posts
thats hard to believe

reads like an infomercial instead of a post

and btw...from the 2V modulars I've seen dynoed, the off-road pipes definitely lose some lower end tourque as compared to the stock pipe. Most of the gains are in the upper rpm.

Not a big deal if you're running gears and are on a drag strip, but you'll notice it tooling around the streets. (not to mention the chance of excess fumes).

01 Bullitt #1584
stock
13.33 at 102.19 (DR's)

98 Cobra #1835
S-trim/T56
11.79 at 119

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JB VOBRA on 2001-11-12 22:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it sounds like one of those 20 hp K&N Airfilter advertisements on the sunday morning Horsepower TV program...either the stock system is highly inefficient or the magnaflow system has become the 8th wonder of the world......

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Just to let everyone know, these new MagnaFlow X pipes are kicking butt. Especially Bassani's butt!! (haha) The first car Steve dyno'ed with one was a brand new Bullett. The MagnaFlow X w/cats netted 17 rwhp peak, with +24 rwhp in the middle. Torque gains were +22 peak and almost +30 down lower. The MagnaFlow catbacks are good for another 12-14 rwhp peak and 16-18 rwtq peak. These are very impressive gains for any exhaust mods, especially on a stock car like this!
From the site posted above. I truly find this hard to believe. From what I have seen on the local dyno there is not that much HP hiding anywhere in the just the exhaust. *Maybe* with a very well burned chip, but not just the exhaust. For reference, the products in question are very high quality, but they're no Spiralmax as they are being sold.:wink:

·
Registered
393 Posts
On 2001-11-12 21:57, Learo2000GT wrote:
Ron will back it with a dyno, as well, so ask for the proof.

is this "Ron" Ron Short of the Dallas area?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This new rice math confuses me.........so if i bolt that stuff to my long tube headers i should be up around a 80-100 hp increase in just exhaust????? WOW!!! Im cancelling the forged internals, blower, cam, p&p job........ Does anyone know where i can get a GT type R badge????

The preceding is a JOKE. If you are offended, then you are waaaaayy too sensitive.........

gary

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ahhh guyes! I'm confused now. I really want to get a new exhaust next year. I'm confused. If Magaflow is a joke, what do you guyes suggest that gives the best HP gains but won't cost alot? Also, other than MILs what else would i need? thx.
--WH

·
Registered
12 Posts
war hawk,

i have the bassani x w/cats and a magnaflow magnapack catback system, and it is great. Not sure about 30 rwhp, that does seem a little high, but you definitely can feel an sotp difference, but the major improvement is the sound, WOW. I get many headturners and compliments. I would stay away from the offroad, i had them both dynoed and the offroad did have .5 more horespower but lost about 5 torque down low. But definetly get the magnapack system from magnaflow, it's awesome. Houston performance has the best prices on this system.

By the way, i do also have the 373 gears, alum driveshaft, densecharger, steeda pullies, steeda gtrac stage 3 suspension, and a cutom burnt autologic chip(timing set to 16 degrees)on 94 octane gas and my car dynoes 291 rwhp and 306 rwtq.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The exhaust parts arn't the joke. It is the hp claims that are. The parts actually look like good stuff.

Gary

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow thx for the fast response nslafleur. OK, what's Huston Performance's Website? And did you need to get the MILS? and did you have to redone any of your chips?
--WH

·
Registered
452 Posts
By the way, i do also have the 373 gears, alum driveshaft, densecharger, steeda pullies, steeda gtrac stage 3 suspension, and a cutom burnt autologic chip(timing set to 16 degrees)on 94 octane gas and my car dynoes 291 rwhp and 306 rwtq.

I want to see this dyno graph......

yes it Ron Short

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks roushraven for posting the website,

and warhawk,

i had my chip burnt last. if you buy your mils and speedo calibrator, that will set you back about 160 bucks, instead save up the extra 150-250 and get a chip that will do everything for you. Dallas mustang burns custom autologic chips for 250, and i believe houston performance does the same price. The chip can bump up your timing, (instead of spending 170 on a steeda t/a), and many other things. I picked up 12rwhp and 16rwtq from my autologic chip.

hope that helps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts