Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which should i get first, my car is stock so if someone could tell me which part is more worth changing first that would be great.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Cat-back is for sound

Mid-pipe is for performance.

Its up too you what you want to change first.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Look into the MRT catted hi-flow H-pipe, besides performance it will enhance the sounds of your stock "Bullitt" catback- I would spend my money there first before considering another catback, to me it's just right deep and throaty without drone and rice!!!
FYI... I will be upgrading the ROUSH with one now that MRT offers them for the 05+ cars.. Don't care for the exotic sound the Bassiani delivers..

http://mrt-direct.com/concept/exhaust/9904.php

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
X-pipe. I have a Mac O/R x-pipe with stock catback and it sounds mean. My previous Bullitt had stock midpipe and flowmasters and it sounded pretty tame. If you want more performance and a louder car, go with the X-pipe. If you just want to change the sound without really getting any louder or increased performance, go with a catback.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I have the full MRT exhaust setup that includes the SS H-Pipe w/Cats, and the Max Thunder 304SS Catback Exhausts with 3 1/2" brushed/rolled tips. Sound is awesome; deep, throaty, and that gurgling sound when you back down. This was 2679's second mod (first being the CAI). IMO is more closely matches the sound from the movie.

Reminiscent of a '60's muscle car. See sig.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just added an o/r X-pipe to my stock catback and it sounds good. I would change the midpipe first and see if you like the sound before spending the extra money to get a catback and you not be happy with it. Then if you don't like the sound, you will already have the midpipe done and you could go from there with the catback.

-Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts