Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have no idea what the X plan is and I'm planning on getting an 01 Cobra. What is up with it? Details please. Don't spare my any goodies I can use against the evil salesman!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
X-plan is a special incentive price for non-Ford employees. Like A and Z plans which are for employees the only way the dealer will give you the deal is if you have a PIN number. To get a pin number you either need to work for a company that does business with Ford and gets X plan or you need to talk to a Ford employee (not a dealership employee) and that person may be able to get you a PIN number. My dad worked for Ford for 30 years so I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
One other thing, if you have a PIN to get X, and you are ready to get a vehicle, you may be better off talking to someone in the fleet department. X sometimes scares the salesman and you may get shot down, whereas the fleet department deals with it regularly. I didn't have to go this route, but I know some who have had better success doing it this way.

·
Registered
444 Posts
You're right, at different dealers, they seem reluctant to do it. It doesn't hurt them any. What they lose inicially they recoup at the end of the year when they report their sales.

Good luck with getting the Cobra on X-Plan

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I found out that the A-plan (I know, it's not the x-plan)was not available on SVT vehicles when I bought my Bullitt.

This might be the case with the x-plan as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What a bunch of dickheads at Ken Grody. I went there a month ago when they had TWELVE bullitts, and they said "Mr. Grody doesn't do xplan on specialty vehicles."

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-02 14:25, Gibscreen wrote:
What a bunch of dickheads at Ken Grody. I went there a month ago when they had TWELVE bullitts, and they said "Mr. Grody doesn't do xplan on specialty vehicles."

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I got that from Mullinax Ford too. The very next dealership I went to said they would allow X plan. So I bought from them. Now, my friend went to Mullinax and got the same story, but 3 weeks later they finally agreed to X. All I can say is he has more patience than I do.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Where are you from 01GTB?
I am in Orlando, on the east side, very near Greenway Ford. I was trying to negotiate my trade in and they would not budge. I let them know that I purchased 2 vehicles in 2 yrs from them, doesn't custome loyalty mean anything? Still wouldn't move. Eventually, I purchased from Tropical Ford. Nice people to work with, more performance oriented I think too with all the Roush's and all......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts