Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I pulled a quick invoice to give you an idea. With sirius, hid and antitheft the MSRP is 33,760 and the xplan is 31,236.06 before any rebates you may be eligible for and before any taxs, ect. are added on. X-plan is on the invoice and they should give you a copy before you sign any papers or agree to price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ford has eliminated Bullitts from X-plan effective today....

Ford Division is announcing 2008 First Quarter X-Plan Privileges, effective January 9, 2008.

All new 2007/2008-Model Ford Car & SUV (Excl. 2007/2008-Model Mustang Shelby GT500, 2008-Model Shelby GT & Bullitt)

All new 2007/2008-Model Ranger, F-150 and F-SuperDuty through F-350 and F-450 Pickup w/Body Code W42 or W43 (Excl. 2008-Model Harley & Foose Edition)

All new 2007/2008-Model E-Series w/Body Code E11/E14/E24/S24/E31/S31/E34/E35/S34

·
Registered
4 Posts
What now?

Any chance any of the dealers out there will still sell/order one for below MSRP since we can't use x-plan now? I may not be able to swing an extra $2k over invoice. X-plan price is right at the limit for what I want to pay. That sucks.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Five Oh B said:

Ford Division is announcing 2008 First Quarter X-Plan Privileges, effective January 9, 2008.

All new 2007/2008-Model Ford Car & SUV (Excl. 2007/2008-Model Mustang Shelby GT500, 2008-Model Shelby GT & Bullitt)

All new 2007/2008-Model Ranger, F-150 and F-SuperDuty through F-350 and F-450 Pickup w/Body Code W42 or W43 (Excl. 2008-Model Harley & Foose Edition)

All new 2007/2008-Model E-Series w/Body Code E11/E14/E24/S24/E31/S31/E34/E35/S34
good thing I got mine before that happened, I almost waited thinking the new incentives on the 9th would be better.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A/Z/D-Plan also not available on Bullitt, now...

Ford Division is announcing 2008 First Quarter A/Z/D-Plan Privileges, effective January 9, 2008.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Five Oh B said:

Hopefully order date will be considered and not just build date.
Had Ford's order and fullfilment system been working as it should for customer ordered vehicles, I'd have had mine in December.

This move I suspect was partially pushed by those dealership that have a little more clout and haven't been able to get the ADMs they want. (on the car that was delivered to them and on their on lot instead of in my garage where it should be)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dealer called me yesterday to inform me that my Bullitt arrived..they wrote up the sold order on 1/08..but i gave them the x plan pin today..Guess we will see what happens..

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
WOW... I'm lost.

I have no idea what so ever what an x-plan is. lmao

·
Registered
26 Posts
BS from FMC

Well it will be interesting to see what happens to those of us that placed orders back in November and December on X-plan!!

Anyone in the know can tell us if x-plan will be honored based on order date or delivery date?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know of no xplan price protection. The gap that allowed the xplan seemed to come due to no Bullitt model in the mix when last xplan update occurred. New pricing started today and now there is a Bullitt so it was put on exclusion list. But there is a possibility that the xplan can change at anytime and they could be available at a later date at xplan.

Sorry I won't be there this weekend when you come to pick yours up pitrider.

Jerry

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I went in to order today. They told me verbally it would be okay, but they do not know about the cancellation. Looks like this will be left to dealer and Ford integrity on the matter.

I'm supposed to go back in tomorrow and sign the paperwork.

Brian,

Where did you get that info from?

Mike

P.S. (Disregard, I saw your post over at Mustang Source)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
If a vehicle is excluded from X-plan it means the factory will not make up the difference in price to the dealer.

Th dealer will then be forced to sell at a higher price .

This could be a temporary situation but I would still think with the car out only a couple of weeks MSRP is fair.

If you can't sleep by paying sticker -just be patient. There are about 7,200 more '08 Bullitts that still have to hit the dealers .

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well this sure does suck for us that have the X-plan. I ordered mine back in Nov and it is being built the week of Jan 7, and has an ETA of Feb 3. I sure hope when it gets here that that ford has come back with the X-plan, or that my dealer honors it. I would hate to have to cancel this, and look for something else. Maybe I can get one of those new Challenger's at X-plan ( joke)

·
Registered
803 Posts
as I said on mustang source. I am really ticked about it. Especially since I might have been lied to about my Bullitt being built (I don't know why, but it is still in the system as unscheduled). On top of this, x-plan is now shot. And I placed my freaking order back in Nov.... I am seriously considering canceling and MAYBE buying one. Thanks, Ford...I'll be selling my stock, lol... not really, but who knows. I'm going to see how I am feeling in the morning before making a decision.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
If a vehicle is excluded from X-plan it means the factory will not make up the difference in price to the dealer.

Th dealer will then be forced to sell at a higher price .

This could be a temporary situation but I would still think with the car out only a couple of weeks MSRP is fair.

If you can't sleep by paying sticker -just be patient. There are about 7,200 more '08 Bullitts that still have to hit the dealers .
you must work at a dealer.

and there are a few less left to hit the dealer, since the highest so far is #2246.

of course most are still sitting at the dealers, at least the ones who are selling at or adding to MSRP.

Ford has made a huge mistake.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Guys I can only imagine what your feeling.Remember I got call from my dealer saying they had a stock Bullitt that showed up and I said I would take it.Worked out a time to be there to make the purchase and later was called back to be told it had already been sold by another sales person.That sucks.It will be interesting to see what Ford plans to do next.The economy is in turmoil.Something has to give.I will probably cancel if they become stubborn.I feel it will pay off later if I wait if thats the case.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
badasbullitt said:
Guys I can only imagine what your feeling.Remember I got call from my dealer saying they had a stock Bullitt that showed up and I said I would take it.Worked out a time to be there to make the purchase and later was called back to be told it had already been sold by another sales person.That sucks.It will be interesting to see what Ford plans to do next.The economy is in turmoil.Something has to give.I will probably cancel if they become stubborn.I feel it will pay off later if I wait if thats the case.
I had a chevy dealership do that to me last year when I was looking for another vette. I was in the process of doing all the paper work and getting the bank stuff in order when I, yeah I called them and that's when they tell me oops but it was sold.. Informed them in person that I would never purchase a vehicle from that dealership and would spread the word via mouth, phone and interweb as to what they had done!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts