Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to buy their Bullitt on the X-Plan?

I went to two places (one which had 12--yes TWELVE Bullitts) and they wouldn't do it. Then I got anal and searched on www1.forddirect.com until I pretty much found every single Bullitt in the county, then I started calling. Finally got one to say they'd do it and went down to buy it, but half a block into the test drive a big old chunk of concrete came out of nowhere and bashed into the front fender. That was painful. Dealer said they could fix it good as new. Thanks but no thanks Mr. Dealer. So I went to my car, pulled out my handy dandy list of Bullitts in the county, called the next dealer on my cell, they said they'd do X-Plan, and I had my Bullitt 2 hours later.

So there's my Bullitt buying story, but this is still just an X-Plan question.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullit #4719
1995 Laser Red GT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2001-09-21 14:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
Got mine with X. It took a while. 6 months. I ended up buying a regular GT on X when by pure chance I found my dealer and they told me no problem. Still don't understand why dealers won't do it. Ford reimburses them for all A,X,Z Plan cars

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They won't do it because then they can't mark it up beyond sticker.

But that's what defies logic about that place with 12 of them--they were selling them for 400 under sticker. Whatever.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
I bought mine with the 'x' as well as other dealer discounts and financing rebates. Twist my arm I said...three hours from walking in/test drive/signing papers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
X-planned mine plus $750 cash rebate and 4.9%X36 month financing. Salesman didn't bat an eye. Actually seemed to be relieved. There didn't appear to be much selling happening while I was there.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I got mine just like DHG2404, X plan, $750 cash back and 4.9% for 36 months.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got mine with the $2k rebate. Almost got them to give me the $400College Grad too, but that's not eligible with the X Plan.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The college Grad discount isn't available anymore? I got my '01 GT on X and $500 and the college disc. I couldn't use it again on the Bullitt though. Salesman said I can only use it once.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The college grad isn't available if you're using X plan. It is available otherwise though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Got mine on the X-Plan also. From what I read on the Ford website, you can still use the college grad thing. However, I think you have to be in college when you buy the car and then bring in your diploma or something proving that you graduated and Ford will mail you a $400 check.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I got mine at X + the $1500 rebate. I thought it was gonna be a difficult search trying to find a dealer that would agree to it, but the second dealer I spoke with said they would. I didn't order the car, but made them aware 6 weeks ahead of arrival I was probably going to buy one if they could do X. I also told them I was going to go find a couple more dealers that would if they were to back out.

My salesman was great, he knew I would not pay anymore for the car. The ownership tried to play a game like they weren't going to sell it for that, but after a few hours they came to their senses :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-09-22 13:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
A,Y,X? What what? could someone explain this to me?

I got a $750 discount and 7.9% for 60 Months. paid $24,835 for the car after the rebate and ALOT of talking between multiple dealers... so did I get screwed?

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
The X plan is (in theory) a no-negotiation discounted rate offered to various Ford corporate partners. As example, AT&T partners with Ford, so, as an AT&T employee I can get a Ford vehicle at a special discounted rate, in this case amounted to about $2,600. But, I also happened to get other discounts on top...I think the salesman was hungry. What you payed isn't out of line with others.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
As BULLITT3230 said is set pricing plan for Ford Partners/ Suppliers. It is figured at 4% over A Plan which is Ford Employee price. It also is supposed to eliminate any dealers fees that are usually tacked on. The dealer can either except or decline simple as that.

If you really want to see X at work, go price a new loaded up PSD Super Duty. I was looking at a few around $39k. With X the price was near $34000. On top of that at one time there was an X Plan rebate on SD's. A $1250 was available. At that time there were no consumer rebates available. Now you're talking about $32800 for a truck that stickered at $39k. That's huge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got mine on the Z plan. Z plan is used by retired Ford employee's and their immediate family, my mother-in-law retired from Ford Credit.

Got a $1500 discount and 5.5% from my credit union. Price before trade-in and my down payment was about $22k

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just to round out the explanations, A plan and Z plan pricing is the same, the only difference being the employee status (current or retired).

·
Registered
540 Posts
i just bought my bullitt last monday. i got it on x-plan and 2000$ rebate so i ended around 23.4K and as bad as it is to say it already has 700 miles on it in a week.
BTW i did read the mmff article about the weight anyone do any weighing of there own yet i have a port of entry scale about 15 minutes from me but i haven't ran up there yet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts