Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from PSI (http://www.psimotorsportstx.com/). Dave installed a set of Kooks Long Tube Headers and Patrick tuned my B with an SCT X3. Here is what it put on the dynojet.

Max Power: 301.74
Max Torque: 315.22

I didn't get a stock pull, but Chemicalman (Chris Nelson) posted up around 279 before Patrick tuned it for him two/three weeks ago.

I left the B stock exhaust and all I can say is...WHOA. It sounds even better than before and pulls now like nobody's business.

While it was there I inquired about lowering the car and somehow ended up pulling the trigger on an Eibach Pro-Kit. The car aligned without additional camber bolts or a panhard bar (I'll put one on later, waited due to finances). Overall, I am a happy man, giddy as a school boy :-N The car sounds freak'n sweet when you put your foot down...the throttle response is light years over factory.

In case you were wondering-- here is the tally for the work up:
Kooks LT: $1,395
LT Labor Charge: $200
X3 Flash/ Tuner: $399
Custom Dyno: $200
Eibach Pro-Kit $229
Spring Labor: $85
SVT Strut Mount $61
Alignment: $55

Yes it cost a lot, but in the end those months of saving up was well worth it. I am more than satisfied with the purchase.

Time for a test/ tune at the track. I'll let you guys know what the slips say.

I'll post up some pics later this weekend.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Wayne,

That sounds good..can't wait to hear the car with the headers. If you car sounds as good as you say, then I am going to have to get them put on asap. I am running 289 to the rear and with the long tune headers that should get me up to 300..can't wait

Congrats....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
X3and Kooks

WBihm 225 Best of luck with your new mods. You bought the best lt on the market. I have the jba shortys and the thumper cams, I really need the LT They will make a big differance.. YOu injoy and be safe. JOHN

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Silverback said:
Nice!!!

Post some pics of the new toys.

Are you Kooks plain SS or coated?

Paul--They are SS. I talked to Kooks and they said since they are 304T SS, no need to coat them. They are gauranteed not to turn or corrode.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cpd0924 said:
WBihm 225 Best of luck with your new mods. You bought the best lt on the market. I have the jba shortys and the thumper cams, I really need the LT They will make a big differance.. YOu injoy and be safe. JOHN
Thanks John-- I'm jealous of those Thumper Cams...next on the mod list. Maybe I can persuade Santa Clause.:lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Wbihm225,

so you joined the longtube brotherhood. sounds like you are having more and more fun now. the bullitt is much more fun to drive with the new springs huh? my car was like yours in that my rear end stayed centered within a 1/4" after lowering springs and new shocks so i am not worried about the panhard bar either. great mods!

·
Registered
825 Posts
These post really help the rest of us with making good decisions for our future performance mod plans, thanks! Glad to hear your happy with the results. Can't wait to see your track times. I obtained the best results with my '07 Mustang by driving around the burnout box (all season radials will absorb some water in the treads), lower the rear tire pressure to around 25 psi and raise the fronts to the max and keep the fuel tank to 1/8 full or less. Take the pressure off of yourself and don't worry about the guy in the other lane, "cutting" the lights on the tree won't effect your end time. The timer starts whenever your front tire trips the infared light-not the green "go" lamp. Instead concentrate on not spinning wheels too much on launch and getting good shifts while fixing your eyes on the time post at the end of the track, that'll help keep your path straight. Good luck now let's see a 13.5

Dragstrip Tips At Length...
http://www.musclecarclub.com/library/race/drag-racing-tips.shtml#staging-lanes

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mike Thanks for the info on cutting the light also tire pressures

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
x3 kooks

Mike, Iam going to do it the way you said. I have not been on drag strip in 40 or more years. 0924 has hurst short throw, jba shortys, comp thumpr cams, sct brenspeed tune, steeda dilite plates udp pullys also borla axel back stingers. I really dont have a clue how this car will run. It needs a 410 that I do know. Thanks again JOHN

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mike any chance tis thing could run 13.00 flat. The way it sits now

·
Registered
825 Posts
cpd0924 said:
IMO with the listed mods you should be in the low 13's with the stock rear tread- with some practice getting off the line with minimal wheel spin (that really kills your ET). Drag radials would really really help you out there.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Maybe. Dependent upon you and the track. It had been a long time for me and any skill was gone. I still need lots of practice. Getting it launched is everything.

Matthews won the Shootout this year on stock tires lowered to 18 psi and 5000 rpm clutch dumps. The track wasn't sticky either.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks Charles every bit of info will sure help. Thanks John

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had a chance to ride with Wayne in his Bullitt today..it sure does make a big differnece with the tune and the long tube headers. Both our cars pull much harder now with the tune, and Waynes sounds awesome with the new headers...sounds like it is meaner now. I also want to say that these cars do look really good when lowered a little bit and the ride quality didn't change at all. If anyone is thinking about these mods...you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
OHH GREAT!!!!
Now you guys got me thinking of headers :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.