Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, this Bullitt vs. Cobra thing got me to thinking (danger, danger), what if the Bullitt had been a Cobra? It kinda would have make alot of sense in a way...no spoiler is an option already, leave off the GT or Cobra badges on the car, the IRS would have been great for cutting the corners and hills of SF, the hood that dips down on the Cobra would have made more sense in a way when you look at the 68. Looks wise it might be the same as it is now but with the Cobra hood. They could have done some more with the suspension making it the best in that area, and the motor could have more or less stayed the same as the standard Cobra. That might have been a neat way to go, esp. for a guy like me who like both cars. Is that too anti Steve...I mean they did have Cobra's in 68 and he did drive a GT, but it is an interesting combo I think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeh, I would have preferred the Cobra's hood. That would have been truer to the Bullitt heritage. Oh well, we can't have it all, I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-07-07 13:18 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-07 13:18, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
Heritage smeritage, I LOVE my big old fat ass, bulbous nose, fake hood scoop! (LOL)
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I don't particularly care for the Cobra hood. It wouldn't keep me from buying one thought. The $6000 price difference did. Before you say "01GTB, your crazy as hell, there's no $6k difference". There would have been for me. I didn't order the car but got it at X Plan $25,122 plus a $1500 rebate = $23622. I couldn't find anyone to do X on an instock Cobra and no rebate.

Back to Cobra vs. Bullitt thing. I think it is kinda funny. There is no harm in a little rivalry, especially when the Bullitt is the underdog in the power department.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-07-07 16:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I only mention the hood scoop as a comment, not complaint. Believe me, whenever I fire #1958 up, I'm not thinking of what's ON the hood, but what's UNDER the hood!

·
Registered
835 Posts
The hood scoop kinda reminds me of the one on the Boss 429. I wish it were as functional. Too bad they're so hard to open and maintain a near stock appearence. I spent hours opening the scoop on my '83 GT Conv. That one was compounded in difficulty by the x-brace on the underside of the hood. A lot of Dremel time on the slots in the plastic grating.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The reason I bought the Bullitt was that it was as close to buying an old 60's style musclecar with a warranty. Solid rear axle, long thifter throws, and an attitude.

The Cobra may be faster, but saying you have a 'Bullitt' is too cool.

Besides- I couldn't afford a Cobra!

·
Registered
225 Posts
If I couldn't have gotten the Bullitt then the Cobra would have been my second chose.Every time I start #1673(Prozac) it gives a rush that I haven't had with a car in a lllllongg time. No regrets here with the Bullitt.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well,the Cobra that my dealer ordered as a backup incase I didn't like the Bullitt,finally came in. So I took it for a test drive. He told me to take it right up to 7000 RPM for the 1-2 shift. With only 24 miles on it,I went 7000 Rs for 2nd and 3rd. I was totally impressed with how that engine winds up and pulls.....I like the Bullitt's looks,handling and interior,but wish I had that 32V 4.6 under the hood. Maybe my only big mod will be an engine swap!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts