Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't take the yellow warning stickers on the sun visors so tore them off today. Unfortunately they now have two white (I guess glue)stains where the stickers were. Anyone found anything good to remove these glue marks? thanks

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Someone said they used paint thinner and it worked great.

We still have the white glue marks there too. The stickers came off real good with the hair dryer trick, tho.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I have always used lighter fluid for glue items like that. It is naptha.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-07-08 02:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2003-12-03 10:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try a product called Energine; comes in a small metal container and is a form of naptha; it won't harm or discolor fabric. It's good to have around because sooner or later some sort of grease mark or other nasty is going to show up somewhere. Most auto parts stores carry it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If none of the above work.....try getting some Goop. It works on most adhesives and usually Wally's or K-Mart carries it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've always used Goo Gone to remove stickers. I *think* it's citrus based...real good stuff.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I read something about using a hair dryer on the sticker will help get the sticker with the glue off.

You should also be able to go to the parts department at any Ford dealer and get new visors without the stickers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts