Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally found out what the ridiculous rattle in my exhaust was. I took my car to my mechanic today and had him put it up on the lift. Apparently the inside of the cat in my BBK catted H is broken apart. The part is past the 1 year warranty period now so looks like another unexpected part purchase upcoming for 2436. Any suggestions, should i go with the offroad pipe or keep it legal?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I would go with an O/R depending on how inspections in your area go.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
A long crow bar or something like that, I would suggest taking it off the car and having someone hold it on the ground to do it. You could vacuum the stuff out or shake it out and sweep up. It is going to be powder and chunks do not breath in please where a small mask of some sort. The BBK pipe has just 2 cats, I think I am correct. Did it burn though one whole cat or was just part of it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have no idea how much it has burnt through. it just started this rattling, i thought one of the pipes was loose until i took it to my mechanic. And the BBK does have 2

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Be smart, cut the cats off the pipe and take it to accurate on landsdown ave. They will give you BIG $$$ for those things. Scrap metal is through the roof. As far as pipes go, if you know someone who will inspect your car with an off road H then go for it. If not, then get a catted H again.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
54deuce said:
No check engine light?
No i dont have a check engine light....i guess its still working alright, just the sh*it is rattling around in there.

Steve--i really dont want to go through all that trouble, id rather just dump the crap out, get rid of the rattle and keep it the way it is. Is there something wrong with that?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It will look like you have cats, but you will not if you hollow them out. It will smell a little going through the drive up for food and standing behind the car when it is running. The price of a catted h-pipe is crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Black4592 said:
Be smart, cut the cats off the pipe and take it to accurate on landsdown ave. They will give you BIG $$$ for those things. Scrap metal is through the roof. As far as pipes go, if you know someone who will inspect your car with an off road H then go for it. If not, then get a catted H again.
I don't think the aftermarket cats bring anywhere near what OEM cats do. Most places around here won't give you but about 10 bucks for an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
See my post on "Speed Bumps" Caused same problem but I had a check eng light too.

There are cats out that now use a stainless wire in stead of ceramic. I would get those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts