Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friggin' state has pushed us to desperate measures.
We ordered personalized "BULLITT" license plates on March 9, before we even ordered the car on March 14.
We received notice about three weeks later the plates were in the DMV office. But no car yet to put them on.
Told the dealer ahead of time we wanted to get the Bullitt plates immediately. The dealer is in another county. The dealer's county DMV said we had to get plates from their county then transfer them later for the Bullitt plates in my county.
We hand carried all the paperwork from dealer to both DMV's only to find out the DMV in dealers county is not on the same computer system as our county. In order to transfer plates from one county system to another it has to go through snail mail and be hand entered into the new system.
We have been advised that could take up to three MORE months.
We have seen and even held the BULLITT plates, but Salt Lake county DMV won't give them to us until they get the paperwork from Morgan county where the car was bought.
What a bunch of hooooey!!!
We have a BIG car show to go to in two week, WE INTEND TO HAVE OUR BULLITT PLATES!
So our solution:
Today, this is the Bullitt:

It is actually our recently purchased 65 K-code coupe.
We will have the Bullitt plates in our possession today and they will go on the true Bullitt for the show. When the county gets it act together they will be lawfully transferred.
There's more than one way to skin a cat, or shoot a Bullitt or , whatever....

J.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Epperstang on 2001-06-01 12:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My ex-boss's husband used to be mayor of SLC. He drives a 1965 Mustang he bought brand new in Detroit. It has been his daily driver ever since. Not many people can claim that.
He is now a state tax commissioner. It is the state tax commission which runs the DMVs. I've already fired off a letter to him, letting him know how inefficient DMV is running and asking for a favor for a fellow stanger.
When his wife was my boss, I interviewed him for a club newsletter article. He's a nice guy. Hope he can help.

We have the plates, they won't be used except for the show in Steamboat Springs, because they are registered to the shell seen above. At least we have them, and they won't get lost in some clerks file.
Five months is a long time not to have them after paying $55!!

J.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-16 18:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just be glad you can have a tag that says BULLITT. I have not tried it but this state (NC) has a rule against tags that refer to weapons. I was a victim of snail mail too. My temporary tag was good for thirty days and the permanent tag did not show up. I went back to the dealer and got another. The next week the first tag showed up with a bent corner and burn marks.

·
Registered
667 Posts
What a load...they should have given it to you for getting there first, that's how it works. No wait, the goverment screws with you at any chance it can...that's how it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts