Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've still not sent my Zainos order in as I'm debating on what I really need. They have TWO items for the leather care and I'm really debating whether I even NEED the cleaner or not, I think a simple wipe down with a towel and water (mild soap) is enough to clean them.....but I AM getting their spray leather protector. What do ya think? Do I need both or can I do what I said and wipe them down often, then just use the leather protector right afterwards? Seems kinda redundant to have both, but would like to hear what you think! I've never had leather before, so I value your opinions!! :smile:

Bubbles :smile: (wink!)

·
Registered
309 Posts
You should only have to really clean (i.e. use the Zaino cleaner) every couple months or so. Once every 6 months would be about the average you would "need" it. Other than that, a good conditioning once every few weeks (once a week if your anal about keeping it clean) should be enough. My local Zaino rep only suggested the conditioner. And, when I had my Impala SS, I never did much more than a conditioning every 6 months and it held up pretty well (considering it was light grey!). HTH.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
You still haven't sent the order off? Your as bad as me, it took me 3 weeks to put mine in the mail :wink:

Go ahead and buy it now, figure you're saving shipping. What's an extra few bucks? Just buy it :grin:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I haven't sent it yet...I'm BAD, BAD about that kind of stuff! GULP!

I just wanted to get any opinion on this stuff first. I was thinking it would just be a waste of money for the cleaner when I can wipe the seats.....

I'm still debating but WILL send my order tomorrow!

:smile:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
never had leather huh? hmmm..
well I dont use zaino's, I use maguiars leather conditioner and thats all I use on the seats and it has worked fine over the last 4 months or so... dont have to remember to mail anything...just go to autozone or pep boys...
aren't you the one with the dog in the underwear??? :smile:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Meguire's is good, so is Duragloss. I wouldnt use the cleaner very often, unless you have a 'spot,' cause it cleans so well it removes natural leather's oils. Just a damp cloth and the conditioner. No ordering either, got mine at local NAPA. :smile:

Richard

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I have used Lexol for several years. It works just fine.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, that's me....doggie with panties!

I am still ordering the other things from Zainos, so might as well get it all at the same place! I'm thinking I'll just go for the leather protector and wipe the seats often for their "cleaning".

:smile:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
We cleaned the leather seats on my friends Bullitt last night. You wouldn't believe how dirty they were :eek: He's had the car three weeks. If you where blue jeans and do any sort of work then get in the car, you are bound to have dirty (maybe not visually) leather in your Bullitt. To me, the cleaner is as important as the conditioner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts