Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:question: A good friend of mine has a cherry Charcoal Mach 1 and is thinking of trading it on a White GT500 with a red stripe. The dealer told him this is a limited paint scheme. He asked my opinion of collectibility on both cars. I'm leaning on the consevative side and not in favor of the $12 - $15,000. above sticker cost. I told him you have your toy. I'd just thought I'd throw it on here to see what you guys and gals think.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I'm with you...$12k to $15k above sticker is a rip off...if he has his car the way he likes it...just drive that little Mach 1 an enjoy..my 2.5 cents...ok...

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I will never pay above sticker (or probably even sticker) for any vehicle.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Keep the Mach 1 boost it and he will b happy. GT500 will come down.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The GT500 will be far more collectable in the future. The mark-up is part of the game, they will come down in price. In the future the GT 500 will hold it head high and bring the money.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Bullitt3817 said:
I will never pay above sticker (or probably even sticker) for any vehicle.
I agree! FORD DEALERS has been ripping peeps off for too long on these "Custom" Mustangs and it has to stop!

I'm suprised that FoMoCo has not figured out why they are not selling like hot cakes!

·
Registered
308 Posts
The GT 500 is a possible collectable but we won't see it. Why buy it and not drive it, like the Bullitt these cars beg to be driven when you look at them. With the dealers putting these cars practically up for auction, it does nothing positive for Ford's fading reputation. I've seen them in Hemmings not only from private owners but also from Ford dealers.
Keep the Mach 1, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction let alone the inflated price their asking..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
White with red stripes is a special paint scheme? Doesn't sound so special to me! Keep the Mach!

·
Registered
32 Posts
MACH 1 ALL THE WAY. The GT500s will come down no doubt. Its just that they WILL sell for that price cause some stupid **** WILL pay that much, and where as the true Mustang fans phone better and we will pick it up off of the rich guy in 5 years for half price and cherish it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts