Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living on the East Coast , I'm tired having stayed up to 12:10 AM to watch Speed's Reveal of the 2010. To me, it was more of a celebrity event than real closeup shots of the exterior and interior along with commentary. Chief Engineer Randall did give credit to the 2008 Bullitt DNA.I feel that I wasted good sleep time .:frown:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I did NOT stay up that long. I figured I would see it today sometime!

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Yes, I agree, I was a bit disappointed too. I recorded it on the DVR but will probably not save it.

More celebrities than car stuff. But it's always good to see Jack! (You can't say HE don't know jack! HAA!)

It should have been produced for car guys. I mean .... who is watching Speed Channel at 11pm?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I agree with all of the above. Lots of flash, lots of glamor and lots of celebrities but wheres the beef? I would like to have seen more of the car itself. Up front they claimed to have a car on a rotisserie that would allow us to see the underside but we never saw it.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
As far as the new Mustang ... still too big and heavy ....

BUT!

It is a Bullitt-based car! Bullitts are just toooooo cool!

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I first came across my Bullitt on the lot I considered waiting for the 2010. I'm glad I didn't. As far as the actual Reveal... I was underwhelmed.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I was there.....Quite an event....You must watch when Speed Channel interviews Jack Roush....In the background I walked by.....Blue Ford Racing visor and green shirt....I wasn't one of the lucky ones to view the reveal in the stands, but did get to watch it on the two big screens they had....Got to go in afterwards and get close up views ....Got an scale model of the 2010 Mustang convertible and got autographs of the following on the box:
Ashley Force
Dorsey Schroeder
Larry Thompson
Parrnell Jones
Bob Tasca III
Jack Roush

Attachments

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I just looked at it online yesterday. Reminds me of the 1970 Mustang,with the front end. But no big developement under the hood. "The Depression Era Mustang"!

·
Registered
220 Posts
The show wasn't very good, I was hoping we would get a better look at the engine and/or the vehicles on the dyno. Sure is a lot of Bullitt in those GTs though!

·
Registered
825 Posts
A Shame

With all the hype over the "NEW 2010 MUSTANG", I stupidly was expecting something spectacular........... it wasn't. Note To Ford: Take our tax-dollars and spend it on something that wows us or the 2011 models may be sporting a Toyota logo instead of a horse.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I liked the car, enjoyed the show... thank god Ford builds better Mustangs than production of live board casts... Do wish they would have shown more details... Bullitt DNA in the engine 2 thumbs up

Rick I'm a car guy am up that time of night... kind of nice for change....

·
Registered
493 Posts
While not a great program. it was still worth it for me to watch as it fired up at 8PM for us left coasters. Agree that it was more a marketing splash and celebrity happening thing than an in-depth, nut & bolts car based thing that most motorheads would have actually preferred. I thought the vintage racing stuff was the most interesting part of the whole program.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Mus408 said:
I just looked at it online yesterday. Reminds me of the 1970 Mustang,with the front end. But no big developement under the hood. "The Depression Era Mustang"!
You didn't like it? Shocked! ;-)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I was at the Atlanta simulcast...

Pronkie1 said:
I was there.....Quite an event....You must watch when Speed Channel interviews Jack Roush....In the background I walked by.....Blue Ford Racing visor and green shirt....I wasn't one of the lucky ones to view the reveal in the stands, but did get to watch it on the two big screens they had....Got to go in afterwards and get close up views ....Got an scale model of the 2010 Mustang convertible and got autographs of the following on the box:
Ashley Force
Dorsey Schroeder
Larry Thompson
Parrnell Jones
Bob Tasca III
Jack Roush

It was pretty cool. The blank commercial spots were boring though. I see we all got the same car. A friend of mine opened his and said that there is a certificate of authenticity with serial number # of 4000 in the bottom of the box.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
The regional Ford guy announced that there will be a special edition unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show in January. I think it will either be a Shelby, or even more likely a Mach 1 based on the body style changes IMHO.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BB2008 said:
The regional Ford guy announced that there will be a special edition unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show in January. I think it will either be a Shelby, or even more likely a Mach 1 based on the body style changes IMHO.
Yeah! FORD really needs to come out with A new MACH 1.
No. 1 with BIG engine more HP
No. 2 to p.o. 02/03 Mach 1 owners
I'm BAD!

·
Registered
136 Posts
It looks like they took some ideas from the Bullitt and the Shelby for the new GT. The front end looks a little like the Shelby’s and the spoiler instead of the wing also resembles Shelby. They say cold air intake but it does not look like an open element. It looks like an aluminum shifter like the Bullitt’s.
It will be nice to see one for real but no big surprises

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'll be looking forward to a hipo variant, be it Shelby or otherwise.

and no need for me to get a new GT, apparently I already have one (other than a bit of sheetmetal...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts